– Is this the most bizarre campaign ever? Meet the council candidate who admitted selling $40,000 of meth a day, having STDS, sleeping with hundreds of prostitutes and never paying taxes – and he WON:
- Peter Lyndon-James won election to the City of Swan local council in Perth
- Days before the vote he confessed his sordid criminal past as a drug dealer
- He sold $40,000 worth of meth a day as well as guns and explosives
- Confessed to cheating on wife with hundreds of prostitutes and getting STDs
- Since converting to Christianity he turned his life around to help others
- Founded Australia’s ‘toughest’ drug rehab centre where patients go cold turkey
Peter Lyndon-James was thrown in prison when he was nine and by the age of 30 was selling $40,000 worth of meth a day.
But this weekend he won a resounding local council election victory after admitting his startling criminal past and asking voters for forgiveness.
Now a ‘tough love’ drugs campaigner, he came first with 2,707 votes for the Altone ward in the City of Swan in Perth, ousting the sitting mayor in the process.
H/t reader kevin a.
* * *