– Tying It All Together: Rifle Lost During “Fast And Furious” Found In El Chapo’s Hideout:
Just when we thought the surreal story surrounding Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman’s second capture couldn’t get any more bizarre, it does just that, but in an oddly satisfying way, one which ties the soon to be incarcerated criminal south of the border with a criminal located right inside Washington D.C., one who however will never be punished. According to the Hill, a .50-caliber rifle recovered from El Chapo’s hideout was one of the firearms lost by the U.S. government’s gun-smuggling operation Fast and Furious.
Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) checked serial numbers of weapons recovered after the raid earlier this month on the Los Mochis house where Guzman was staying. They traced one of two rifles back to the ATF program, according to Fox News.
Federal officials are investigating how many weapons seized from the house originated in the U.S., sources told Fox News. The report noted that ATF agents lost track of 1,400 of the roughly 2,000 weapons it allowed suspects to buy in Arizona with the intent of tracking them.
As the Hill ads, thirty-four of the weapons sold through Fast and Furious were .50-caliber rifles, sources told the news outlet, which reported that Guzman placed guards on hilltops to shoot down helicopters. So somehow the fallout from Eric Holder’s Fast and Furious ended up arming none other than Mexico’s most wanted criminal.
The botched Fast and Furious operation was intended to track straw purchasers of firearms, but ATF officials lost track of the guns. One of the guns was later tied to the shooting death of a Border Patrol agent in Arizona and multiple other weapons were linked to crimes.
The program sparked a major fight between congressional Republicans and the administration during President Obama’s first term.
Then-Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over records about the program. A federal judge ruled this week that Obama cannot use executive privilege to keep the records from Congress.
We doubt that will change anything, however, and the man who pegged the phrase “too big to prosecute” will continue walking free, because after all it is one thing to go after criminals in Mexico, when it comes to the former US Attorney General, in the height of irony, justice is always loopholed.
– Attorney General Eric Holder Tells Fast And Furious Critics To Kiss His Butt In Released Emails (Washington Post)
– Obama’s Fast and Furious Guns Still Showing Up at Murder Scenes
– Book By Whistleblower At Center Of ‘Fast And Furious’ Blocked By The ATF
– Mexican Hitman Claims Cartels Bought Guns From US Border Patrol
– Mexican Diplomat Says America Pretty Much Invited The Sinaloa Drug Cartel Across The Border
– Senior ATF Agent In Charge Of ‘Fast And Furious’ Gun Running Program Was Also Working For JPMorgan
– High-Ranking Mexican Drug Cartel Member Makes Explosive Allegation: ‘Fast and Furious’ Is Not What You Think It Is
– Fast And Furious Confession From Obama (Video)
– Secret Service Is Fast-And-Furious In Crushing Anti-Holder Protest
– DOJ Says It Won’t Prosecute DOJ Head Holder
– Judge Napolitano Breaks Down Latest Fast & Furious Developments (Video)
– Judge Napolitano Weighs In on Obama’s Executive Privilege Over Fast & Furious Documents (Video)
– Jon Stewart Slams Obama Executive Privilege In Fast & Furious Scandal (VIDEO)
– Obama’s Nixon Moment: Executive Order Invoked To Block Release Of Incriminating Fast And Furious Documents
– Obama Asserts Executive Privilege Over Fast And Furious Fiasco
– Fast And Furious ‘Gunwalking’ Investigation: House Committee Schedules Contempt Vote Against Holder
– Interview With Jim Marrs, Author Of ‘The Trillion Dollar Conspiracy’ (Video)
– America: A Government Totally Out Of Control (Video)
– Obama Regime Let GRENADES Walk In Operation ‘Fast And Furious’, Documents Show
– Drug Lords Targeted By Operation ‘Fast And Furious’ Were FBI Informants
– Freedom Watch With Judge Napolitano: US Regime Wants ‘License To Lie’ And ‘Ability To Destroy Records’
– Justice Department Reveals False Statements Over Flawed Operation Fast And Furious – US Sold More Than 2000 Guns Worth $1.25 Million To Drug Cartels, Lost Track Of About 1400 Of Them
– D.E.A. Launders Mexican Profits of Drug Cartels (New York Times, December 3, 2011)
– Freedom Watch: Judge Napolitano Accuses AG Holder Of Using Iran Assassination Plot To Distract From ‘Fast And Furious’ Scandal (Video)
– Fast And Furious: 22 Shocking Facts About The Scandal That Could Bring Down The Obama Administration
– Arizona Sheriff Explains Operation ‘Fast And Furious’, Calls ATF And Eric Holder Murder Accomplices (Video)
– New Fast and Furious Docs Released By White House … Some Records Were NOT Included Because Of ‘Significant Confidentiality Interests’
– Operation ‘Fast And Furious’ Just Might Be President Obama’s Watergate
– Several White House Officials Knew About Gun Trafficking Operation ‘FAST AND FURIOUS’
Tags: Barack Obama, Crime, Fast and Furious, Global News, Government, Guns, Obama administration, Politics, U.S.