Sandy Hook Elementary School To Be Demolished, Contractors Forced To Sign Confidentiality Agreements

Sandy Hook Elementary to be Demolished – Contractors Forced to Sign Confidentiality Agreements (Liberty Blitzkrieg, Oct 16, 2013):

Am I the only one that finds this incredibly strange? While I completely understand community concerns surrounding potential exploitation of the tragedy, they seem to be going way overboard in their precautions. I’d love to hear readers’ thought on this because it seems extremely bizarre to me…

From the AP:

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — When the old Sandy Hook Elementary School is demolished, building materials will be pulverized on site and metal will be taken away and melted down in an effort to eliminate nearly every trace of the building where a gunman killed 26 people last December.

Contractors also will be required to sign confidentiality agreements and workers will guard the property’s perimeter to prevent onlookers from taking photographs or videos.

Demolition is set to begin next week and be finished before the Dec. 14 anniversary of the shootings. Town voters last month accepted a state grant of $49.3 million to raze the building and build a new school, which is expected to open by December 2016.

Most of the building will be completely crushed and hauled away to an undisclosed location. Some of the demolition dust may be used in the foundation and driveway of the new school, Llodra said. The town also is requiring documentation that metal and other materials that can’t be crushed and are hauled off-site are destroyed, she said.

In addition to the demolition crew confidentiality agreements, the project management company, Consigli Construction, also may do background checks on the workers.

Seems way, way over the top. Furthermore, it costs $50 million to raze a school and build a new one. Really?

Full article here.

In Liberty,
Mike

Leave a Comment