– Tokyo Marathon Will Be On Sunday, February 26, 2012 (EX-SKF, Feb. 24, 2012):
World-class runners will start the race in front of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Hall in Shinjuku, run through the central and downtown Tokyo, and finish in Tokyo Big Sight on Ariake landfill. Not really a low-rad course, but it will be nothing like the Women’s Ekiden Road Race in Fukushima last year featuring 13 year-old girls.
There is no mention of radiation anywhere on the official site of the Tokyo Marathon 2012.
Not when the mayor wants 2020 Olympic.
– Radioactive Shiitake Mushrooms from Inzai City, Chiba at 993 Bq/Kg (EX-SKF, Feb. 24, 2012)
– 23,300 Bq/Kg of Radioactive Cesium from a Mix of Wet Soil and Dead Leaves in Mizumoto Park in Tokyo (EX-SKF, Feb. 24, 2012)
– Japanese Magazine “Sensationalizes”: “Thyroid Cancer Suspected on Two Children Aged 4 and 7” (EX-SKF, Feb. 24, 2012)
– 2.47 million Bq/Kg of cesium from dried sludge (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 24, 2012):
Fukushima local government measured 2.47 million Bq/Kg of cesium from dried sludge called “Melt dust”, which is produced from sewage sludge after reducing its weight. They melt the dried sewage sludge by 1200℃ of heat to reduce the weight to 1/30.
The melt dust was made last May, at Kenchu sewage plant in Koriyama Fukushima.
The total weight of the melt dust is 58 tones, they measured 47,430~2,470,000 Bq/Kg of cesium.
Now it’s kept in concrete box.
– Infant exposed to 9 mSv from June to September (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 23, 2012)
– City councilor to measure radiation in Mizumoto park the first was found dead (Fukushima Diary, Feb. 23, 2012):
Following up this article ..Tokyo is contaminated as the worst place in Chernobyl
Mr. Kabayama, a Tokyo city councilor of Liberal Democratic Party died after measuring radiation in Mizumoto Park.
He was measuring radiation in various areas in Tokyo and posted it on his blog.
On 6/30/2011, he measured 0.25 microSv/h in Mizumoto Park.
The next day, 7/1/2011 3AM, he was found dead with his head covered by a plastic bag.
Police thought it to be suicide for some reason. However, none of the posts on the blog suggested potential suicide, he sounded motivated to measure around in Tokyo.
He was found dead by his family.