Schoolgirl nearly killed by toxic shock syndrome after wearing a tampon for 10 hours

Roundup resistant GMO cotton?


Schoolgirl nearly killed by toxic shock syndrome after wearing a tampon for 10 hours:

Molly Pawlett, a 14-year old schoolgirl, woke up one day feeling unwell. She thought she had simply come down with a common illness. When her mother noticed a red rash spreading over the teenager’s body, the 39-year old Sonia Pawlett asked Molly Pawlett to remove her tampon. She was then rushed to the emergency department of their local hospital. Doctors found out that Molly Pawlett’s organs were already shutting down, triggering sepsis, and prompting doctors to move her to the high-dependency unit. There, they were finally able to diagnose her with toxic shock syndrome (TSS), a rare but life-threatening infection often caused by wearing a tampon for too long.

The young resident of Daventry, Northamptonshire has since been released and is continuing recovery at home. Now, Sonia Pawlett wishes to educate other parents on the symptoms of the illness, reports the DailyMail.co.uk.

Read more