- ‘Syrian hero boy’ is a FAKE: Norwegian director admits that footage of youngster dodging sniper fire to rescue girl was actually shot on Gladiator film set using professional actors (Daily Mail, Nov 15, 2014):
- Video appeared to show boy dodging bullets in streets of countryside town
- One-minute clip was viewed more than 3.6 million times in just five days
- But Norwegian director has revealed that it was shot in Malta this summer
- Explained he wanted to spark a debate about children living in war zones
- Lars Klevberg said he did not feel uncomfortable about deceiving viewers
A video that appeared to show a young Syrian boy running through sniper fire to rescue a young girl is a fake, it has emerged.
The boy was hailed a hero after the one-minute clip, thought to be filmed in Yabroud, a countryside town 50 miles from Damascus, was posted online earlier this week.
But a group of Norwegian filmmakers have today revealed that the footage was in fact shot on location in Malta using professional actors. Continue reading »