– Pakistan – Biting cold brings life to halt:
Punjab authorities have closed down schools from Jan 26 to 31 because of biting cold, a private TV channel reported.
– Bangladesh – At least 286 children hospitalized with cold-related diseases in 24 hours:
Life is almost paralysed by the biting cold in nine upazilas of the district. The poor are burning hay and fallen leaves to keep them warm.
– Thailand – More deaths reported from cold weather:
Nine deaths believed to stem from hypothermia reported in Bueng Kan, Nakhon Phanom, Tak, Rayong and Udon Thani provinces.
– Record snowfall in South Korea:
Along with severe cold
– Taiwan – Hundreds of people trapped by snow:
In addition, the accompanying low temperatures have caused disasters for farmers across the nation.
– Parts of Vietnam see first snow EVER:
Buffaloes have recently died due to the extremely cold weather.
– First Snow in Guangzhou, China in 88 Years
Guangzhou residents were excited Sunday to observe snow falling in their subtropical city for the first time in 88 years.
– Thailand – Two die as cold bites Central region:
Schools light bonfires, army readies help
– Laos – Extreme cold in Northern Lao provinces:
People and livestock in upland areas of northeastern Laos are struggling with the freezing cold.
– First snow EVER on Okinawa – VIDEO:
Okinawa’s main island in southwestern Japan gets its first measurable snowfall in history.
In the south, sleet fell on Amami Oshima Island for the first time since 1901. Residents there usually enjoy temperatures of around 17 degrees Celsius this time of year.
– Record snowfall in Japan: Continue reading »
Tags: Bangladesh, China, Climate Change, Environment, Global Cooling, Global News, Global Warming, Japan, Meteorology, Pakistan, Poland, Russia, Snow, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam, Winter