“I am tall but the snow reached up to my waist.”
5 Feb 2016 – All schools are closed in Patreksfjörður in the West Fjords due to heavy snowfall last night. An avalanche alert is still on in the small town. “We’re totally snowed in,” says director of the town council Ásthildur Sturludóttir. “I am tall but the snow reached up to my waist.” Continue reading »
Winter Storm Watch from Tues afternoon through late Weds night for the South Washington and north Oregon Cascades.
National Weather Service… Portland OR
- Timing: snow will continue into the evening, heavy at times. Then decrease later tonight. Snow is expected to increase Tuesday afternoon and continue through Wednesday night.
- Accumulations: expect additional snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches tonight. From 1 to 3 feet (12 to 36 cm) of new snow is possible late Tuesday through Wednesday night.
- Snow levels: snow levels will briefly rise to between 3000 and 4000 feet this afternoon before falling to between 2000 and 2500 feet tonight and Tuesday, and between 1500 and 2500 feet Wednesday and Wednesday night.
- Winds: Wind gusts to 70 mph at higher elevations this evening may cause blowing and drifting snow with low visibilities.
- Impacts: roads will be snow covered and slick, causing travel difficulties.http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=e9b5c468d16c8434&hl=en&gl=US&source=wweather