Aug 25

From the article:

‘There was nothing that could be done to save the man. Only the anti-venom could have helped but this was not given in time.’


Call it instant Karma, but I am sure this man would be still alive if I or one of our friends would have been present, but then you’ll never find us in such a restaurant.

Chef dies after spitting cobra he was cooking bit him on the hand – 20 minutes after he had cut its head off (Daily Mail, Aug 23, 2014):

A chef preparing a dish made from cobra flesh died after the snake bit his hand – 20 minutes after he had severed it from its body.

Peng Fan from Foshan, Guangdong province, southern China, had been preparing a special dish made from Indochinese spitting cobra, a rare delicacy.

It was as he went to chuck the cobra’s head in the bin that it bit him, injecting Mr Peng with its flesh-killing, neurotoxic venom. Continue reading »

Tags: , ,