– Mutiny at the airport: Passengers stranded without food and drink in 11-hour delay call police onto plane (Daily Mail, Feb 21, 2014):
- Passengers called police after being sat on the plane for three hours
- Ryanair said they couldn’t let them into the terminal because it was locked
- The airline said the captain also called police for assistance getting the passengers back into the building
- They were finally allowed off at 3.45am – but had to board the flight again two hours later when they faced another two hour delay
- Ryanair flight from Stansted to Porto was supposed to take off at 8.30pm
- However, it eventually took off at around 8am the following morning
- Incident happened after loudmouth businessman Michael O’Leary pledged to clean up the airline’s act and ‘stop p****** people off unnecessarily’
Furious passengers stranded on a Ryanair flight called police from the tarmac after being left for hours without food or drink.
More than 100 travellers, including children, had already faced a long wait to board the delayed flight from Stansted to Porto in Portugal. Three hours later, the plane was still on the ground.