– The Chinese To Buy America’s Pork: Shuanghui Group Agreed To Acquire Smithfield Foods For About $4.7 BILLION
– Imported Food From China Not Even Good Enough For Dog Food, Loaded With Chemicals, Dyes, Pesticides And Fake Ingredients
– In China, Breathing Becomes A Childhood Risk (New York Times)
– China Pulls 1,000 Dead DUCKS From Sichuan River:
The news comes as the toll of dead pigs pulled from Shanghai’s Huangpu river passed 16,000.
Food, water, herbs … everything in (and coming from) China is totally contaminated …
– In China, What You Eat Tells Who You Are … And Organic Food Is Only For The Power Elite
– I ate Hu Jintao’s dinner; China’s president, and the rest of the politburo eat only organic food
– China grows its rice on land contaminated with industrial waste (Natural News, June 8, 2013):
The news regarding the abysmal conditions in which China produces its food continues to go from bad to worse as new information reveals the absolute failure of the Communist Party’s ability to create an environment of self-sustainability.
Reuters reported May 22 that yet another food scandal has arisen with the discovery of dangerous levels of toxic cadmium in rice that was being sold in the southern city of Guangzhou. It was the late CP Chairman Mao Zedong’s goal to make China self-sufficient, but with such a poor record of ensuring a safe food supply, that goal has, so far, been unattainable.
The ruling Communist Party has long staked its legitimacy on its ability to guarantee domestic staple food supplies, and has pledged to be at least 95 percent self-sufficient even as demand increases and the fastest and biggest urbanization process in history swallows up arable land.
That has led to a drive for quantity rather than quality – securing bumper harvests even from land contaminated by high levels of industrial waste and irrigated with water unfit for human consumption.
Growing industrialization literally killing Chinese with tainted food
Continue reading »
Tags: China, Contamination, Economy, Environment, Food, Global News, Government, Health, Politics, Pollution, rice, Society