- Florida Scientists Prepare To Release Hundreds Of Thousands Of Genetically Modified Mosquitoes
- Millions Of GMO Mosquitoes Released Without Risk Assessment Or Oversight
- Bill Gates Spends $1 Million On Laser Defence System – To Repel Mosquitoes
- Scientist Investigating How Mosquitoes Transmit Diseases Dies From Ingested Cyanide
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Funds Sweat-Triggered Vaccines
- Gates Foundation: Funding for a proposal to turn mosquitos into ‘flying syringes’ delivering vaccines
- Panama Public Warned over GM Mosquito Experiments (Sustainable Pulse, Jan 29, 2014):
GeneWatch UK today warned that open releases of millions of GM mosquitoes produced by UK company Oxitec should not take place in Panama until members of the public have been fully informed about the risks.
GeneWatch also released a draft risk assessment provided by Oxitec to the US Department of Agriculture in 2011, which has not previously been published, showing that the company itself admits some of these risks (1). These include the risks that more invasive Asian Tiger (Aedes albopictus) mosquitoes move into the area, and that the number of cases of potentially fatal Dengue Haemorraghic Fever (DHF) could possibly increase.
Please visit here for Spanish version of this article
The experiments in Panama are due to start on 15th February in Nuevo Chorillo, in the Arraiján district of Panama. The experiments have been approved by the Ministry of Health but no information about the possible downsides of the experiments has been provided to members of the public.
Continue reading »
Tags: Environment, Genetically Modified Organisms, Global News, GMO, Health, Mosquito, Panama, Science
- Banking Holiday in Panama Announced! (GoldSeek, Sep 26, 2013):
This morning the National Bank of Panama announced that it was suspending all services until Tuesday the 1st of October. The National Bank of Panama says that the reason is to upgrade systems. The Banking Holiday in Panama was announced this am.
This system wide shutdown has country wide implications. The National Bank of Panama did not warn the people before making the announcement and shutting down the banks. The people do not have access to ATM’s either. We received word of this from family members first. This weekend is payday for people across Panama.
Continue reading »
Tags: Banking, Collapse, Economy, Global News, Gold, Government, Panama, Politics, Silver