- New York, New Jersey Consider Mandatory Quarantines In Ebola Response (ZeroHedge, Oct 24, 2014):
Despite the constant confirmation that New York “is prepared, and has been prepared for months” for an Ebola outbreak, it appears Governor Cuomo and NJ’s Christie are more concerned than they are letting on. Having earlier admitted that the CDC’s screening guidelines are “insufficient” for New York regions’ population density, Reuters reports that Cuomo and Christie are considering “enhanced screening” where “all healthcare workers will mandatorily quarantined.” Cue “state of emergency” proclamation and civili liberties ‘interrupted’...
- *EBOLA SCREENING WILL BE STRENGTHENED AT NY AIRPORTS, SAYS CNBC
- *NY AIRPORT SCREENING WILL GO BEYOND CDC REQUIREMENTS: CNBC
- *NY AIRPORTS TO QUARANTINE ALL HC WORKERS FROM HI RISK NATIONS
- *JFK, NEWARK TO HAVE ADDITIONAL SCREENING FOR EBOLA: CHRISTIE
- *STEPS INCLUDE MANDATORY QUARANTINE FOR MED. SERVICE PROVIDERS
- *MEDICS BACK FROM EBOLA COUNTRIES TO BE QUARANTINED: CHRISTIE
- *NEWARK, JFK HEALTH DEPTS.TO DETERMINE QUARANTINE NEEDS:CHRISTIE
* * *
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Friday that he and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie are planning to increase current screening procedures for people travelling from Ebola-affected regions.
Depending on an individual’s risk level—exposure to infected individuals and countries visited—a mandatory 21-day quarantine could be instituted, Cuomo said.
All medical workers from Ebola-affected countries will be subject to a quarantine, said Dr. Howard Zucker, acting commissioner of health for New York State. Cuomo said voluntary quarantine is not sufficient, and that it is “almost an oxymoron.” Continue reading »