Only physical silver and gold are real, everything else is an illusion.
Three days ago we noted that in just the first week of January, the US Mint had sold 2,221,000 ounces of silver “a number which if run-rated would be an absolutely all time monthly record,” A quick glance at the tally today, shows that something very scary is going on. In the subsequent three days, the number has surged by 50% and has hit 3,407,000 ounces of silver! In just the first 12 days of the month we have already surpassed the total monthly sales of 9 separate months of 2010.
And some additional observations on what is becoming a physical buying frenzy from CoinNews.net:
An increase in 2010 Silver Proof Eagles and record-approaching 2011 Silver Bullion Eagles are the most interesting aspects in the latest US Mint sales report.
The Proof Eagle coins have seen two weekly adjustments since they sold out in late December. The latest brings them up 3,644 to 860,000, which would seem like a natural stopping point. Collectors will have to wait until the July time frame for the 2011 Silver Proof Eagles to make their appearance, according to the US Mint.
2011 bullion eagles launched on January 3, 2011. Silver Eagles already have last year’s January record in their sight. The coins have raced to 3,407,000 in less than two weeks after their latest weekly pick-up of 1,322,000. Until January 2009, the silver coins had never topped the 3 million mark during the first month of a year. Those record sales totaling 3,592,500 may get clobbered in mere days. The all-time monthly high of 4,260,000 which was just set in November could be the next victim. As a side note, the 3,407,000 sold this month includes 469,500 of the 2010-dated issues. The US Mint had buyers order one 2010 Silver Eagle for every five of the 2011′s.
Bullion one-ounce 2011 Gold Eagles are running, but not sprinting like their silver counterparts. US Mint sales has their tally at 42,500 for a weekly increase of 29,000. As a comparison, buyers ordered 85,000 in January 2009. Inventory of the 2010-dated coins also remains. There were 53,000 at the start of the year. US Mint Authorized Purchasers must order one old for every four of the new ones.
Mike Krieger presents the following disturbing observation on this trend: “In the first 12 days of January 3.4 million silver eagles have been sold. I have never seen anything like this. The amount of physical being taken off the market on this paper sell off is EXTRAORDINARY. We must be VERY close to the end.” Whoever has adopted JPM’s legacy paper silver short position is in for some very troubling days ahead.
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/13/2011 14:23 -0500
– The Ultimate Cost of 0% Money
– These Central Banks Are Printing Money – Prepare Yourself
– Quantitative Easing Explained
– George Soros’ and John Paulson’s Biggest Holding Is GOLD
– China, Russia, Iran are Dumping the Dollar, Buy Gold And Silver
– Gold and Gold Mining Shares As a Percentage of Global Assets or ‘The Once In a Lifetime Ride’
– BullionVault.com Runs Out Of Silver In Germany
– Silver: Shortage This Decade, Will Be Worth More Than Gold
– Silver Derivatives – China and JP Morgan
– Max Keiser: Want JP Morgan to Crash? Buy Silver!
– Max Keiser: Crash JP Morgan – Buy Silver!
– JPMorgan Silver Manipulation Explained (Must-See!)
And don’t forget to do this (!!!):
– James G. Rickards of Omnis Inc.: Get Your Gold Out Of The Banking System
Tags: Economy, Global News, Mike Krieger, Mint, Silver, U.S.