– Britain Faces Mini Ice Age That Could Last For Decades
– Vancouver, Western Canada Facing Record Cold Temperatures This Winter
– Expect A Cold Winter: NOAA Sea Surface Temperatures Map
From the article:
The Maunder Minimum co-incided with part of a period that has come to be known as the Little Ice Age, when winter weather overall grew colder in parts of Europe.
“The Little Ice Age wasn’t really an ice age of any kind – the idea that Europe had a relentless sequence of cold winters is frankly barking, but there was a larger proportion of cold winters,” he told BBC News.
Millions of people died of starvation back then. Got food?
– Global Cooling and the New World Order:
“The 58th Bilderberg Meeting will be held in Sitges, Spain 3 – 6 June 2010. The Conference will deal mainly with Financial Reform, Security, Cyber Technology, Energy, Pakistan, Afghanistan, World Food Problem, Global Cooling, Social Networking, Medical Science, EU-US relations.”
Yep, that’s right. Global Cooling.
The Sun’s ultraviolet output varies more with overall activity than had been suspected
– Ultraviolet light shone on cold winter conundrum (BBC News, Oct. 9, 2011):
Recent cold winters that brought chaos to the UK and other places in northern Europe may have their roots in the Sun’s varying ultraviolet emissions.
The latest satellite data shows the UV output is far more changeable than scientists had previously thought.