– Rebels living in England claim UK government let them travel to Libya to fight Gaddafi – even though they were subject to counter-terrorism orders – as investigators probe Abedi’s visits to Tripoli:
- Former fighters including Libyan exiles and British-Libyan residents described how MI5 ‘sorted’ their travel
- British government is said to have adopted an ‘open door’ policy for fighters willing to travel to fight Gaddafi
- Comes as Home Secretary Amber Rudd admitted authorities knew of the Manchester bomber Salman Abedi
- Those who travelled fought alongside Islamic militants despite being subject travel bans for posing a threat
Rebels living in England have claimed the UK Government waived travel bans to let them fight Colonel Gaddafi in Libya as investigators probe the Manchester bomber’s visits to Tripoli.