- Police admit they were told Jimmy Savile was a paedophile a DECADE before he was exposed (Daily Mail, Oct 5, 2014):
- Surrey Police admitted they were told Savile was a paedophile in 2003
- Journalist called with information that a victim had been abused by him
- But the force did nothing with the tip-off and no crime record was created
- Call emerged after an examination of police phone records last year
- Investigation is underway by external force to assess missed opportunities
A police force has admitted they were told Jimmy Savile was a paedophile nearly a decade before his horrific crimes came to light, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
Surrey Police have disclosed that a journalist called them in 2003 with information that an unnamed victim had been abused by Savile as a child in London – but the force did nothing with the information.
The call only emerged after an examination of police phone records in November last year, long after Savile was unmasked as the UK’s most notorious paedophile. Continue reading »