From the article:
“One official said the food may not have been properly washed before it was cooked.”
What??? Now that would be a very powerful ‘insecticide’ indeed.
– Free school lunch kills at least 22 children in India; insecticide suspected (The Star, July 17, 2013):
PATNA, INDIA – At least 22 children died and more than two dozen others were sick after eating a free school lunch that was tainted with insecticide, Indian officials said Wednesday.
It was not immediately clear how chemicals ended up in the food in a school in the eastern state of Bihar. One official said the food may not have been properly washed before it was cooked.
The children, between the ages of 5 and 12, fell ill Tuesday soon after eating lunch in Gandamal village in Masrakh block, 80 kilometres north of the state capital of Patna. School authorities immediately stopped serving the meal of rice, lentils, soybeans and potatoes as the children started vomiting.