- Five reasons why gold prices will decline (Sovereign Man, Sep 26, 2013):
This morning I received a research note from a private bank I work with occasionally.Buried in the text was a call for lower gold prices, and the analysts listed five reasons why they think gold prices will decline. Here’s what they had to say:1) “We expect the scaling back of [the Fed's] stimulus to happen this year at the December meeting. A reduction in monetary stimulus . . . shall reduce the attractiveness of gold as a zero-income asset.”
2) “Inflation pressures in the developed world should remain subdued, lowering demand for gold as an inflation-hedge.”
3) “We expect the US recovery to accelerate, reducing the attractiveness for gold as a safe-haven asset.”
4) “A subsequent improvement in investor sentiment shall also reduce demand for gold as safe-haven asset.”
5) “Physical demand from India should be discouraged by the gold import duty increases and other measures that aim to reduce the current account deficit.”
My analysis? These guys are completely missing the point.
The reality is that today’s financial markets are controlled and manipulated by central bankers who are destructively expanding their balance sheets to the point of insolvency. Many central banks are already insolvent. Most “rich” countries are bankrupt. Continue reading »