– Indian Silver Demand Explodes to US Silver Owners’ Delight (GoldCore, June 11, 2015):
– India may absorb as much as one third of total global silver production this year
– Strong demand for silver steadily increasing year by year
– Indian citizens and solar industry take advantage of current low prices in silver
– U.S. silver imports still enormous despite ostensible decline in demand
The first four months of 2015 saw India import possibly as much as 3,000 tonnes of silver bullion. If the momentum is maintained India is on track to import a staggering 9,000 tonnes over the course of 2015.