– Tsipras Stunner: Creditors Said “There Is No Point In Holding Elections” In Bailed Out Countries (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
While Germany’s finmin Schauble is about to burst at few capillaries after reading the latest provocation from Tsipras in which he said, according to Reuters, that:
- GREEK PM TSIPRAS SAYS I SIGNED I DEAL I DO NOT BELIEVE IN BUT I’M WILLING TO IMPLEMENT AND WILL ASSUME RESPONSIBILITIES
It should be the Greek people that are reeling by another, even greater stunner, just spoken by the Greek PM during his TV interview: an admission from the chosen Greek “leader” that Greece, as a
sovereign nation, no longer exists:
- GREEK PM TSIPRAS SAYS LENDERS GIVE A MESSAGE THAT IN COUNTRIES UNDER A BAILOUT THERE IS NO POINT IN HOLDING ELECTIONS
So the Troika makes it clear that countries under a bailout, such as a Greece was and is about to be indefinitely again, democracy is finished and the country becomes a sovereign ward of a few unelected bureaucrats, and the Greek “prime minister” who also just admitted he is now nothing but a puppet of Greece’s new unelected leaders, is Ok with this. Continue reading »
– Tsipras Interviewed, Sticks Foot In Mouth: “I Signed A Deal I Do Not Believe In But Am Willing To Implement” (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
Here is the punchline and the only thing the German, Finns, Dutch, Slovenians, Slovaks, and the Baltic states will hear:
- GREEK PM TSIPRAS SAYS I SIGNED I DEAL I DO NOT BELIEVE IN BUT I’M WILLING TO IMPLEMENT AND WILL ASSUME RESPONSIBILITIES
And now over to Schauble.
* * *
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is being interviewed on Greek TV: Continue reading »
– Greek Bad Loans Soar To €100 Billion (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
ust when you thought it was safe to buy Greek Banks (which it is not!) based on the mainstream media narrative that Greece is now fixed, ekathimerini reports that not only are deposits flying out the door at unprecedented pace (albeit stalled by capital controls) but non-performing loans have increased dramatically in the last few weeks as hundreds of households and enterprises have stopped making their repayments either due to a genuine inability to pay or because of the general uncertainty in the economy that has seen transactions freeze.
“Several days ago when we first calculated that the new Greek debt/GDP post bailout #3 will promptly hit 200%, something the IMF agreed with earlier today. But it won’t stop here, and as the following analysis from Michael Lebowitz at 720 Global shows, just based on the country’s negative growth rate and positive interest rate, Greek debt/GDP will keep rising indefinitely and will likely hit 336% in about one decade, at which point Greece will, for all intents and purposes, cease to exist.”
– Greek Debt/GDP: 336% By 2025 (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
Back in 2012, when the IMF forecast that by 2022 Greek debt would become sustainable (under 120%) we laughed, and laughed, then laughed some more (see: The Farcical Tragicomedy Of The “Sustainable” Greek Debt/GDP “Denominator from November, 2012)
Three years later the IMF itself not only admitted its original Greek debt “sustainability” predictions were total garbage (hence our quarterly humor series presenting the latest and greatest IMF projections about world growth), of which the most humorous was its forecast of Greek 2016 GDP growth as the highest in the entire Eurozone…
… but the IMF itself, under pressure from Washington, has become the biggest advocate of debt forgiveness, just not its own debt: that of the ECB will do nicely. Continue reading »
“The dramatic deterioration in debt sustainability points to the need for debt relief on a scale that would need to go well beyond what has been under consideration to date – and what has been proposed by the ESM. European countries would have to give Greece a 30-year grace period on servicing all its European debt, including new loans, and a very dramatic maturity extension, or else make explicit annual fiscal transfers to the Greek budget or accept ‘deep upfront haircuts’.”
Or, more simply: “Mark it zero.”
– IMF Declares War On Germany: In “Secret” Report Lagarde Says Greece Will Need Massive Debt Relief (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
Update: Europe now looks to be in damage control mode. Here’s Reuters:
- EU SOURCE SAYS EURO ZONE LEADERS KNEW OF LATEST IMF DEBT ANALYSIS FOR GREECE BEOFRE AGREEING ON THIRD BAILOUT TERMS
A divide between the IMF and Europe (read: Germany), regarding writedowns on Greece’s debt to the EU has been brewing for quite some time and recently returned to the international spotlight when, a few months back, the Fund indicated debt relief was a precondition for its participation in any further aid for Athens. Continue reading »
– Complete Humiliation: Greek Parliament Pressed To “Approve” German “Coup” (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
Months ago we said the following about the future of Greek politics:
It is becoming increasingly clear that the Syriza show will ultimately have to be canceled in Greece (or at least recast) if the country intends to find a long-term solution that allows for stable relations with European creditors although it may be time for Greeks to ask themselves if binding their fate to Europe is in their best interests given that some EU officials seem to be perfectly fine with inflicting untold economic pain upon everyday Greeks if it means usurping the ‘radical leftists.’
At the risk of overstating the case, that assessment has now proven to be almost entirely accurate. Continue reading »
– Greek bailout deal highlights monumental scale of Syriza’s betrayal (WSWS, July 14, 2015):
Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has signed up to an agreement that transforms Greece into a de facto colony of the European Union and places the country under the dictates of Germany.
What remains of the Greek economy, above all its most valuable assets, is to be pillaged so that Athens can continue to pay back loans from the EU, the European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund.
Greece is to be placed under the direct control of EU officials. The function of Greece’s parliament will be to rubber-stamp the transfer of real authority to Brussels and Berlin. It has until Wednesday to pass a series of laws implementing the demands of German imperialism and the EU. Continue reading »
– Varoufakis: Greek Deal Is “Coup”, Turns Greece Into “Vassal” State, And Deals “Decisive Blow” To European Project (ZeroHedge, July 14, 2015):
Yanis Varoufakis, fresh off a few relaxing days at his island getaway, will be back in the Greek parliament this week to weigh in on the “compromise” deal his successor Euclid Tsakalotos and PM Alexis Tsipras struck in Brussels over the weekend.
Considering the eyewitness accounts of the highly contentious Eurogroup meeting – out of which came the exceedingly punitive term sheet which would serve as the basis for Greece’s agreement with creditors – one can only imagine what might have unfolded if Varoufakis had been present for the “crazy kindergarten” finance minister free-for-all which reportedly took place on Saturday night.
For those curious to know what Yanis thinks about the deal, below are some “impressionistic thoughts” from the man himself. Highlights include the characterization of the Greek deal as a “decisive blow against the Euorpean project”, a “statement confirming that Greece acquiesces to becoming a vassal of the Eurogroup”, and the “culmination of a coup”. Continue reading »
– Everything You Need to Know About the Greek Crisis and ECB Fascism in Two Paragraphs (Liberty Blitzkrieg, July 13, 2015):
Yanis Varoufakis just sat down for his first interview since resigning as Finance Minister of Greece. He talked frankly with Harry Lambert of the New Statesman. Here are the two most important paragraphs from the transcript.
There is no democracy in Europe. None.
Varoufakis said that Schäuble, Germany’s finance minister and the architect of the deals Greece signed in 2010 and 2012, was “consistent throughout”. “His view was ‘I’m not discussing the programme – this was accepted by the previous [Greek] government and we can’t possibly allow an election to change anything.
“So at that point I said ‘Well perhaps we should simply not hold elections anymore for indebted countries’, and there was no answer. The only interpretation I can give [of their view] is, ‘Yes, that would be a good idea, but it would be difficult. So you either sign on the dotted line or you are out.’”
Any questions? Continue reading »
– Greek crisis endgame: EU agrees to allocate €80bn+ over 3 years (RT, July 13, 2015):
After 17 hours of marathon talks, the eurozone leaders have reached an agreement over a third three-year bailout for debt-ridden Greece worth around €82-86 billion, which averts the risk of the country leaving the eurozone.
In his Twitter account the President of the European Council Donald Tusk said that agreement on Greece was reached “unanimously”.All of the key participants in the talks acknowledged that the deal means a so-called Grexit was no longer on the agenda. Continue reading »
– What Assets Did Greece Just Hand Over To Europe: “Airports, Airplanes, Infrastructure And Most Certainly Banks” (ZeroHedge, July 13, 2015):
The Simpsons had it right all along:
With the provocative and dramatic Greek “time out” language pulled from the final finmin and summit draft language, the two most humiliating aspects of the latest extend and pretend “deal” for the Greek people will be the return of the Troika’s (surely we can call it the Troika again as part of the Greek capitulation) IMF mission to Athens, and the escrowing of some €50 billion in Greek assets in a liquidation fund. Continue reading »
– After “Deal”, Here’s What’s Next For Greece (ZeroHedge, July 13, 2015):
Now that Greece has capitulated and offered up its sovereignty in what can only be described as an unconditional surrender to Berlin and Brussels, you might be curious as to what the most likely next steps are for Greece, its government, and its people.
For reference, here is a quick summary courtesy of Bloomberg: Continue reading »
– Deal Struck Following Total Capitulation By Tsipras: Market Awaits Greek Reaction To Draconian Deal Terms (ZeroHedge, July 13, 2015):
Last night, when we concluded our overnight summary state of affairs we said that “we expect some resolution around first light this morning, and while another Greek can kicking and some last-moment “hope” is surely in the cards, we know two things: Greece is officially finished – there is no way the Tsipras or any other government can politically recover after such a humiliating spectacle when half of Europe made a mockery of the Greek people; and perhaps better, we finally have seen the true face of Europe: visible only when things are finally falling apart.”
– EU Exit Will Now Be “Threat To Those Who Don’t Behave The German Way,” BofA Says (ZeroHedge, July 13, 2015):
While the Greek “compromise” deal may have averted an outright economic collapse in Greece in the short-term (although one would be hard pressed to describe the current situation on the ground as anything other than a depression) and may for the time being allow EU officials to cling to the notion that the euro is “indissoluble,” the fraught negotiations that took place over the weekend in Brussels laid bare for all to see the unbridgeable gap between EMU nations. Continue reading »
– New Government Likely In Greece, Depositor Bail-In Still Possible, Deutsche Bank Says (ZeroHedge, July 13, 2015):
Over the weekend, the entire world looked on in horror as Alexis Tsipras – who just days earlier secured a crucial referendum victory which by all accounts empowered him to ride into Brussels a conquering hero – was eviscerated by German FinMin Wolfgang Schaeuble and several like-minded EU finance ministers who smelled blood last Thursday after Greece submitted a proposal that betrayed the Greek PM’s lack of conviction. Continue reading »
Bilderberg and Illuminati puppet Merkel.
In other news:
Change we can believe in!
– Yanis Varoufakis: “Merkel’s Control Over The Eurogroup Is Absolute, They Are Beyond The Law” (ZeroHedge, July 13, 2015):
Greece has finally reached an agreement with its creditors. The specifics have not yet been published, but it is clear that the deal signed is more punitive and demanding than the one that its government has spent the past five months desperately trying to resist.
The accord follows 48 hours in which Germany demanded control of Greece’s finances or its withdrawal from the euro. Many observers across Europe were stunned by the move. Yanis Varoufakis was not. When I spoke with Greece’s former finance minister last week, I asked him whether any deal struck in the days ahead would be good for his country.
“If anything it will be worse,” he said. “I trust and hope that our government will insist on debt restructuring, but I can’t see how the German finance minister [Wolfgang Schäuble] is ever going to sign up to this. If he does, it will be a miracle.” Continue reading »
“If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – forever.”
– George Orwell
“It is the system of nationalist individualism that has to go….We are living in the end of the sovereign states….In the great struggle to evoke a Westernized World Socialism, contemporary governments may vanish….Countless people…will hate the new world order….and will die protesting against it.”
– H.G. Wells, in his book, “The New World Order”, 1940
From the article:
12. Digital protests: Writing something that could technically “disturb the peace” is a now a crime. Bloggers beware, for no one has yet defined whose peace you could be disturbing.
– The End Of Freedom Of Speech In Spain (Armstrong Economics,
Spain has shown that it is fully on board with the Brussels authoritarian direction of ending democracy. Those in power have simply convinced themselves that the people do not understand what is good for them so they must impose their will upon the people but raw force. How does this differ in any what from the justification of imposing communism? This is the death of all freedom and it is upon our doorstep.
Here are the new laws in Spain:
1. If you photograph security personnel and then share these images on social media: up to €30.000 fine (particularly if photo exposes violence used against a member of the public). This fine could increase depending on the number of Instagram or social media followers you have.
2. Tweet or retweet information or the “location of an organized protest” can now be interpreted as an act of terrorism as it incites others to “commit a crime” (now that “demonstrating” in many ways has become a crime). Sound “1984”-ish? Read about Orwell and his time in Spain.