See my commentary here:
- Has Radiation Entered Our Food Supply Chain? (NBC News, March 7, 2014):
See my commentary here:
- Has Radiation Entered Our Food Supply Chain? (NBC News, March 7, 2014):
- Apocalypse Now – Fukushima (Veterans Today, March 6, 2014):
As Harvey Wasserman expounds ~ Fukushima’s missing melted cores and gushing radioactivity continues to fester in secret and speculation on the ultimate impact borders from relatively harmless to intensely apocalyptic. However, it is obvious to all that the impacts of these emissions on human and ecological health are unknown primarily because the nuclear industry has resolutely refused to study them:
As Wasserman explains ~ ” This “see no evil, pay no damages” mindset dates from the Bombing of Hiroshima to Fukushima to the disaster coming next … which could be happening as you read this “ so here are some major points to consider as you determine , as I do, that this is indeed Apocalypse Now (courtesy of Harvey Wasserman)
1. At Hiroshima and Nagasaki (1945), the U.S. military initially denied that there was any radioactive fallout, or that it could do any damage. Despite an absence of meaningful data, the victims (including a group of U.S. prisoners of war) and their supporters were officially “discredited” and scorned
2. During and after the Bomb Tests (1946-63), down winders in the South Pacific and American west, along with thousands of U.S. “atomic vets,” were told their radiation-induced health problems were imaginary … until they proved utterly irrefutable. Continue reading »
Tags: Barack Obama, Chernobyl, Contamination, Environment, Fish, Fukushima, Global News, Government, Health, Japan, Military, Nuclear, Nuclear reactors, Obama administration, Oceans, Politics, Radiation, Seafood, U.S.
- ‘Mystery’ Solved? US Gov’t Expert: Large marine animals likely sensed danger of Fukushima plume and fled, “Not going to wait until they start to die off” — Explains unprecedented concentrations of whales and other sea life clustered just off West Coast (VIDEO) (ENENews, March 2, 2014):
RIA Novosti, Jun 15, 2011: Ocean currents ultimately carry this radioactive material to N. America
Jeff Feldner, Oregon Sea Grant Extension (NOAA) fisheries specialist (at 2:30 in): It’s probable that, for one thing, a lot of the larger animals got out of there quickly. The other thing is that I suspect animals, like whales for instance, I think they would probably be able to tell that something was wrong. They’re very, very intelligent animals. They’re not going to just wait until they start to die off. I think they’re probably likely going to voluntarily gotten out of the area.
Radioactive material has been flowing into the Pacific since the Fukushima disaster began 3 years ago. Scientists say its leading edge made it across the ocean by Summer 2013. Soon after, reports began to appear about unprecedented concentrations of large marine animals congregating close to shore along the west coast:
Dec. 21, 2013: “Unprecedented activity” near Canada’s West Coast: Whales in record numbers, displaying highly unusual behavior — Expert: Problems in Pacific could be bringing sea life to area; “Something’s amiss out there”
Nov. 30, 2013: Whale Expert near Vancouver: In 30 years I’ve never ever seen this kind of behavior, “They must sense this is a safe place to be” — Captain: I’ve never seen anything like it in 50 years on Pacific — “One even placed its head on the boat” (VIDEO)
Get rid of all heavy metal garbage by steam distilling your water:
- Which parts of America are the most contaminated with arsenic? (Natural News, March 5, 2014):
Heavy metal poisoning is becoming a very serious issue in America today, as toxins in groundwater and soils, some of which have persisted there for decades, are increasingly turning up in both drinking water and the general food supply. All across the country, residues of arsenic, lead and other heavy metals have been detected in well water, crop soils and even foods marketed toward the health-conscious, including some popular rice protein brands, and yet the nation’s regulatory authorities are hardly batting an eye at this travesty.
- Fukushima fallout: Japanese fishing co-op catches radiated rockfish (Voice of Russia, Feb 28, 2014):
Japan’s agriculture minister on Friday said that fish caught off the coast of Fukushima prefecture showed radiation levels above the country’s accepted limit.
“The Yumekasago type of fish caught for testing purposes had radiation levels above the allowed limit. Simple tests showed the amount of caesium was 112 becquerels per kilogram and detailed analysis showed 110 becquerels (per kilogram),” said minister of agriculture, forestry and fisheries, Yoshimasa Hayashi in a regular news conference.
Yumekasago is a type of rockfish found around the Far East, ranging from Japan to southern China. Japan’s limit is 100 becquerels per kilogram.
The fishing cooperative in Iwaki city, Fukushima prefecture was surprised as they did not expect to find radiation in the fish, according to a representative from the Japanese media. The cooperative has suspended all shipments of the rockfish.
Dr. Daniel P. Aldrich, Associate Professor and University Faculty Scholar at Purdue University, Feb. 25, 2014: “We had scientists in Hawaii tracking the radiation in the water and yes, some fish [caught] off the coast of America and of course near Hawaii have had high level of caesium.”
- TEPCO Admits Fukushima Radiation “Significantly” Undercounted (ZeroHedge, Feb 25, 2014):
From April to September of 2013, as Bloomberg reports, TEPCO admits that levels of radiation measured from water samples around the destroyed Fukushima nuclear reactor were “significantly undercounted.” We assume it was mere coincidence that during this very time Shinzo Abe proclaimed the 2020 Olympics would be safe and used many of these readings as evidence. In addition to this debacle, The BBC reports, the likely scale of the radioactive plume of water from Fukushima due to hit the west coast of North America should be known in the next two months; and rather stunningly, The Japan Times reports a new study finds the lifetime risk of developing cancer has risen among 1-year-old girls in an area affected by the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant. But apart from that, everything’s great.
TEPCO admits radiation levels were “signicantly” undercounted… (Bloomberg)
Tokyo Electric Power Co. is re-analyzing 164 water samples collected last year at the wrecked Fukushima atomic plant because previous readings “significantly undercounted” radiation levels.
Chemtrails, fluoride (in drinking water, pesticides, antidepressants, toothpaste, etc.), radioactive particles, GMO, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, lithium, MSG, aspartame and many other extremely toxic food additives are destroying your health.
If you can (and your budget allows it) …
… eat only organic food or better grow your own organic food …
… and do your best to minimize your exposure to all those harmful substances that humanity is bombarded with right now at an unprecedented level as good as possible.
I’ve found that eating an organic raw vegan diet (+ honey) is the best way to detox the body and nourish it with all important nutrients.
Start slowly, because the body will go into ‘super detox mode’ if you move directly from the Standard American Diet to a 100% raw vegan diet.
In the beginning coffee enemas (also used in the Gerson Therapy) and later on water enemas are a must in my opinion.
If you do enemas you should drink 3 glasses (230ml) of (mostly vegetable) juice for each enema to give your body the lost nutrients back.
If you are concerned about lack of Vitamin B12 in a raw vegan diet, then drink wheat grass juice (which is loaded with all kinds of nutrients, not just B12), take spirulina …
… and only for the brave: Drink your shivambu, because it contains lots of vitamin B12 (0,03 mg/day!), vitamin B6 (100mg/day!), folic acid (4 mg/day!) and many other vital nutrients. [Don't have to drink it all! :-); Start slowly! ... or you may experience heavy detox reactions in the beginning; It's difficult to drink it when you are eating a Standard American Diet (SAD; And yes, this is a very sad diet indeed.) with lots of (over-)processed and (over-)cooked foods, inorganic(!) salt, meat, cheese, superfine wheat flour, tons of raffinated sugar, etc. So your body is directly telling you what is good for you and what is not. Books on shivambu: 1, 2, 3, 4]
To get your health and life back eat (and drink):
Green smoothies (*); raw salads (with onions, garlic, sprouts etc. – linseed oil, apple vinegar, lemon juice, honey as dressing suggestion); fruits; wheat grass juice (1, 2, 3, 4) or put wheat gras in your smoothie; vegetables (grated as salad or juice). You can also sprout grains, lentils and quinoa.
Use herbs to strengthen your body, to get rid of parasites and to help the body with detoxification.
Some examples are wild teasel (dipsacus sylvestris), milk thistle (silybum marianum), Rhodiola rosea, jiaogulan, garlic, ginger, onions, aloe, goldenseal, sage, usnea, wormwood, artemisia annua, juniper, echinacea, grapefruit seed extract, lemon seeds, ashwagandha, thyme etc.
As a side note: I would NOT become a fruitarian or follow the 80/10/10 diet and go overboard with eating fruits if I were you. Nor should you eat too much avocado and oils in general. Everything in moderation. Walnuts and almonds are OK, but too much is too much.
Choose your drinking water & diet wisely, because it will affect everything in your life.
A good diet & alternative medicine can and will cure even cancer, but it takes time (especially nowadays).
- Battle for humanity nearly lost: global food supply deliberately engineered to end life, not nourish it (Natural News, Feb 20, 2014:
After having now analyzed over 1,000 foods, superfoods, vitamins, junk foods and popular beverages for heavy metals and other substances at the Natural News Forensic Food Labs, I have arrived at a conclusion so alarming and urgent that it can only be stated bluntly.
Based on what I am seeing via atomic spectroscopy analysis of all the dietary substances people are consuming on a daily basis, I must now announce that the battle for humanity is nearly lost. The food supply appears to be intentionally designed to end human life rather than nourish it.
Life-destroying toxins intentionally engineered into the food supply
- CBS Video – Cousteau warns Californians about Fukushima plume: It could be dangerous, keeping eye on reports; I’m not touching bluefin tuna, I’m done due to pollution — Leaders “worried about radiation… personally reluctant to eat fish”; Calling for systematic tests in Pacific (ENENews, Feb 16, 2014):
Georgia Straight, Feb. 15, 2014: First Nations want radiation testing of fish – Caption: Reuben George is one of several First Nations leaders worried about radiation levels in salmon. [...] North Shore News has reported that several First Nations leaders—including Union of B.C. Indian Chiefs president Grand Chief Stewart Phillip and Tahlton Central Council president Annita McPhee—want the federal government to conduct systematic tests of radiation levels in fish from the Pacific Ocean. Reuben George, a well-known member of the Tsleil-Waututh Nation, told the paper that he’s personally reluctant to eat fish.
CBS San Francisco, Feb. 12, 2014:
- KPIX: Now at 6:30, the teachings from a famous ocean explorer about radiation risks […] one of the foremost experts on the world’s oceans no longer eats certain kinds of fish.
- Jean-Michel Cousteau: We’re using the ocean as a garbage can — a universal sewer. Continue reading »
Everybody should have evacuated Tokyo along time ago.
“If you don’t educate yourself now and fast, you’ll die.”
- Prof. Hayakawa of Gunma University
- Japan Physician: Parents should evacuate children from Tokyo; Danger from Fukushima radiation — “The threat has seemed to be spreading” — “I’ve seen a lot of patients badly affected” (ENENews, Feb 14, 2014):
Excerpts from an interview with Tokyo-based physician Shigeru Mita, Nelson Groom for Vice.com, Feb. 14, 2014 (h/t anonymous tip):
- I’ve done examinations on more than 1,500 patients. [...] I run blood work and conduct thyroid ultrasound examinations. [...] I’ve mostly tested patients living in Tokyo, and I’ve found a lot of harmful symptoms in children, especially in kindergarten students or elementary school [...] serious effects in the elderly. There have been abnormalities in their differential white-blood-cell count [...] decline in the neutrophil [...] I conducted the first tests in December 2011 [...] the threat has seemed to be spreading into Tokyo since then.
- There was a baby with a serious illness. [...] she had no neutrophils. [...] Thankfully, she recovered after moving to the Kyushu area. [...] there aren’t any medicines to help [...] I’ve seen a lot of patients from Tokyo who are badly affected, but when they move [...] they get better. After they come back to Tokyo, it gets worse again.
The Cover-up Continue reading »
- Study: Fukushima airborne plumes “caused significant deposition of radioactivity over North America” — Especially for West Coast and eastern U.S. — Around 13% of all radioactive iodine released into atmosphere was deposited over USA and Canada (MAP) (ENENews, Feb 14, 2014):
European Commission, Science for Environment Policy News Alert (pdf): The 2011 nuclear accident at Fukushima, Japan, caused the release of large amounts of radionuclides (unstable atoms that produce radioactive emissions) to the atmosphere. Caesium and iodine radionuclides can negatively affect human health through the contamination of air, water, soil and agricultural products. The EU-funded study1 modelled the global spread of radionuclides of caesium and iodine from Fukushima in the atmosphere [...] or iodine radionuclides [...] meteorological conditions and convection promote more long-distance transport. This is because iodine does not dissolve as easily as caesium so it remains in a gaseous form and is redistributed by convection to the troposphere (lowest part of atmosphere) where the wind speed is greater and transports the iodine greater distances. The model results suggest that 12.7% of iodine radionuclides were deposited over the USA and Canada [...] Approximately 50-60% was deposited locally in Japan.
- Japan Nuclear Experts: Footage shows ‘major problem’ at Fukushima Unit 1; Cesium release to continue for next 5 decades — Tepco: Even if we knew where it’s broken, how can we stop it? — “Still in the dark” about other 2 units (VIDEO) (ENENews, Feb 9, 2014):
NHK Documentary, ‘Radioactive Water: Fukushima Daiichi’s Hidden Crisis‘ — Feb. 1, 2014:
Zengo Aizawa, Tepco VP: “Even if we found out where the water is coming from the question is how to stop it. I think it will be difficult but we have no other choice and if we fail that would be miserable. We just have to succeed somehow.” Continue reading »
Tokyo is finished.
(More info down below.)
- Professor: U.S. personnel destroyed thousands of documents to prepare for evacuation of Japan after 3/11 — Bloomberg: “Near-Chernobyl experience” for Tokyo even though 200+ kilometers from Fukushima (ENENews, Feb 8, 2014):
Bloomberg, Willianm Pesek in Japan, Feb. 6, 2014: [...] Anyone who lived through Tokyo’s near-Chernobyl experience in 2011 may recall how poorly NHK performed even then. The network downplayed risks at every turn to avoid panic. Many of us learned about explosions at Fukushima from CNN, BBC and U.S. military news conferences, not Japan’s most trusted news source. Just imagine the next time disaster strikes. Abe’s secrecy law means journalists and whistle-blowers can go to jail for reporting what the government doesn’t want the public to know. It’s nice to know that during the next crisis, when we’re desperate for news, NHK will be ready to distract us with cheerful PR puff pieces. It’s now official policy.
- Fukushima worker “5,000,000,000 Bq/m3 of Strontium-90 water got on the boots” / Tepco “I’m sorry.” (Fukushima Diary, Feb 8, 2014):
Following up this article..Tepco been mis-analyzing Strontium-90 in contaminated water and seawater for 2.5 years since 311 [URL]
Fukushima workers were building the underground wall only a few meters away from the location that they measured 5,000,000,000 Bq/m3 of Strontium-90 from the groundwater of. However, Tepco didn’t inform the workers of the contamination level for over half a year.
The extremely contaminated water got on the boots of workers while they were injecting the chemical material underground. They had to pile macadams up to 1m high with the lead plate on the top to avoid the contamination, according to Tepco. Continue reading »
- Kyodo: ‘Massive’ amount of Fukushima data wrong? “Figures can’t be trusted” — NHK: Strontium-90 by ocean at 160,000 times limit — Tepco: Actual levels “exceeded the upper limit of measurement… We are very sorry” (ENENews, Feb 7, 2014):
Kyodo, Feb. 7, 2014: TEPCO to review “massive” radiation data due to improper measurement – [TEPCO] said Friday that it will review a “massive” amount of radiation data it has collected at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant because readings may be lower than actual figures due to improper measurement. “We are very sorry, but we found cases in which beta radiation readings turned out to be wrong when the radioactivity concentration of a sample was high,” TEPCO spokesman Masayuki Ono told a press conference. [...]
Kyodo/Jiji, Feb. 7, 2014: [TEPCO] said it will re-analyze past water samples because some of the figures can’t be trusted.
- U. of California Dean: We detected “far more than I expected” of Fukushima radioactive sulfur after 3/11 — “Unprecedented increase” reported by chemists — Statement to Media: “I don’t think we’ll see anything” (ENENews, Feb 5, 2014):
La Jolla Light, Feb. 4, 2014: Two weeks after the March 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster, UC San Diego atmospheric chemists noticed an unprecedented increase in radioactive sulfur in La Jolla’s air [...] [Mark Thiemens, dean of physical sciences and] a crew of UCSD atmospheric chemists reported the first quantitative measurement of the amount of radiation leaked from the damaged nuclear reactor in Fukushima, following the devastating earthquake and tsunami there. Their estimate was based on radioactive sulfur that wafted across the Pacific Ocean after operators of the damaged reactor had to cool overheated fuel with seawater — causing a chemical reaction between byproducts of nuclear fission and chlorine ions in the saltwater. Thiemens has, for the past several years, unsuccessfully sought to obtain grant funding to follow-up his research [...] neither the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Environmental Protection Agency, California Air Resources Board or National Academy of Sciences (of which he is a member) were interested in funding additional research to measure the Fukushima fallout.
- Fox News: So many people are concerned about eating Fukushima radioactive waste — Bloomberg: Radiation will be washing up on West Coast; Includes cesium, one of the “most dangerous radionuclides” released (VIDEO) (ENENews, Feb 3, 2014):
Bloomberg, Feb. 3, 2014: Fukushima Wash-Up Fears in U.S. Belie Radiation Risks [...] Seaborne radiation from Japan’s wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant will wash up on the West Coast of the U.S. this year. That’s raising concerns among some Americans including the residents of the San Francisco Bay Area city of Fairfax, which passed a resolution on Dec. 6 calling for more testing of coastal seafood. [...] oceanographers and radiological scientists say such concerns are unwarranted given existing levels of radiation in the ocean. [...] about 300 metric tons of contaminated groundwater seep into the ocean each day, according to Japan’s government. [...] Cesium isotopes, which emit flesh-penetrating gamma rays, are among the most dangerous radionuclides emitted by the plant, said Colin Hill, [USC] associate professor of radiation oncology [...]
Mendocino County Board of Supervisors action minutes, Oct. 22, 2013: [...] Board Action: Upon motion by Supervisor McCowen, seconded by Supervisor Pinches, and carried unanimously; IT IS ORDERED that Consent Calendar items 4(a – t) are approved/rejected as follows: [...] Approval of Letter to President Obama Calling for International Assistance to Address the Continuing Fukushima Crisis – [Sponsors:] Supervisors McCowen and Gjerde — Approved
MIT Center for International Studies — Ken Buesseler, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Oct 24, 2013 (at 31:30 in): This is a timeline from early on to about 1 year later. This is what we published using Tepco’s data to point out, a couple of features here, you see it going up — this is 50 million Bq/m³. I studied Chernobyl, we’d never seen things above 1,000 Bq/m³ in the ocean. This is why we called it an unprecedented accident. When the health physics people started looking at this they said yeah this of concern. When you’re up here, you might have mortality effects directly on organisms living in the ocean.
“The Implications of Massive Radiation Contamination of Japan with Radioactive Cesium”
Senior Scientist, Physicians for Social Responsibility
Clinical Laboratory Science Program Director, University of Missouri
Helen Caldicott Foundation
The Medical and Ecological Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Accident
Co-Sponsored by Physicians for Social Responsibility
March 11th & 12th, 2013
Tags: Belarus, Cancer, Cesium-137, Chernobyl, Children, Contamination, Environment, Food, Fukushima, Global News, Government, Health, Helen Caldicott, Japan, Nuclear, Nuclear reactors, Politics, Radiation, Russia, Science, Steven Starr, Technology, Thyroid, thyroid cancer, Yury Bandazhevsky
- Fox News: Fukushima contamination is hitting California — “Humans are terrified” of eating it — “It’s an open question” about the risks — “You’re not scared? To me, if someone tells me there’s low levels of radioactivity in that fish…” (VIDEO) (ENENews, Jan 17, 2014):
Fox and Friends, Jan. 17, 2014 (Emphasis Added):
Clayton Morris, host: […] What ever happened to all that radioactive material that flooded into the ocean? [...] Are there any lingering effects from the Fukushima plant and the meltdowns?
- Former Official in Fukushima: “This is a disaster of all humanity… the entire world” — “It’s on an international level, huge consequences” — “Now bigger than anything we can cope with” (VIDEO) (ENENews, Jan 17, 2014):
Democracy Now on location in Japan, Jan. 17, 2014:
At 37:30 in
Katsutaka Idogawa, Futaba’s mayor during 3/11, the town where part of Fukushima Daiichi is located: I believe it’s really important for the Prime Minister to look at what he’s actually been responsible for, and have regret, and really deal with what they have done — before they can actually go forward and do anything. The disaster now is bigger than anything we can cope with, it’s a disaster on international level, and huge consequences — so he needs to really recognize this.
At 41:00 in
Idogawa: The nuclear power disaster is not just of Fukushima, this is a disaster of all humanity, of the entire world.
- CSULB Researchers to Monitor State’s Kelp Forest for Radioactive Contamination from Fukushima (Manhattan Beach Patch, Jan 13, 2014):
Traces of radioactive iodine were found in March 2011.
Cal State Long Beach researchers will monitor the state’s kelp forest for radioactive contamination from the meltdown of the Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan, it was announced Monday.
Traces of radioactive iodine from the March 11, 2011, earthquake, tsunami and meltdown were detected about a month later in kelp along the Orange County shoreline.
- UK bread and cereal bars found to be contaminated with glyphosate (Natural News, Jan 13, 2013):
The UK and EU populace doesn’t embrace Monsanto’s propaganda, and their governments are somewhat less dominated by Monsanto minions than the US government is. So traces of glyphosate in major British non-GMO food brands should be a huge red flag for us here in America.
UK news site The Ecologist featured a study performed by a British anti-GMO group called GM Freeze. Two major food brands contained traces of glyphosate. The research disclosed that all four cereal bars produced by Jordans and 34 out of 40 bread products sampled from Walburtons contained traces of glyhosate. These are both big name brands in the UK.
- Fukushima harms commerce as Russia rejects radioactive Japanese cars (Natural News, Jan 12, 2014):
While officials in the United States astoundingly continue to deny that radiation levels originating from Fukushima pose a significant threat to American lives, despite many troubling pieces of evidence, Russia has shown its willingness to refuse radiation-tainted goods by turning away 130 used cars originating from Japan.
- Radiation Expert: Fukushima plant out of control — Nuclear fuel now in ground, no way to get it back — Uranium washing out to sea — Continuous pollution of Pacific Ocean, more or less forever (AUDIO & VIDEO) (ENENews, Jan 12, 2014):
Jan. 6, 2014 interview with Professor Chris Busby, Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk and member of UK Department of Health Committee Examining Radiation Risk for Internal Emitters (CERRIE), Infowars (at 19:45 in): “I think they’re going to have to throw a fence around there and watch it forever. I don’t see what else they can do. I did think, and they did think, about the possibility of bombing it into the ocean, but frankly I think there’s nothing much they can do now — the genies out of the bottle. The material in those reactors is now in the ground somewhere, and there’s no way they can get at it. The more water they pump in there, and the continuous water that comes down into the groundwater there, will just wash the uranium out into the sea — and continue to pollute the Pacific Ocean, more or less forever.” >> Watch the interview here
Asahi, Jan. 11, 2014: Fish with very high levels of cesium found near Fukushima [...] extremely high levels of radiation [...] The Fisheries Research Agency said Jan. 10 the black sea bream had 12,400 becquerels per kilogram of radioactive cesium, 124 times the safety standards for foodstuffs. The fish was caught at the mouth of the Niidagawa river in Iwaki, Fukushima Prefecture, on Nov. 17. The site is 37 kilometers south of the stricken power plant. [...] The research institute said it will study the fish further to try and determine when it became contaminated with such high levels of radioactive cesium.
I’ve advised everybody to not eat fish/seafood since 1997, because it is totally contaminated mercury .
At 0:30 in — We’ve spoken to other scientists we respect; radiation chemists, environmental engineers and ocean biologists, and we all agree that while the contamination of the Pacific Ocean is serious, it’s not as dire as some bloggers are urging you to believe. […] According to the National Academy of Sciences BEIR VII report, and contrary to what the nuclear industry would like you to believe, all radiation is harmful. The math is quite simple — the more radiation you receive, the bigger the risk, the less radiation you receive, the smaller the risk. […] However, many scientists also believe that radiation effects are actually worse at low levels than the BEIR 7 report predicts — and we at Fairewinds support that analysis. In Dec. 2012 radiological biologist Ian Fairlie wrote an excellent article detailing the discrepancies [...]
Send that Berkeley Prof. to Fukushima for the rest of his miserable life.
The radioactive Fukushima plume will bombard the west coast for many, many decades.
Possibly related info:
- CBS: “Health officials are investigating radiation levels” along coast near San Francisco after finding “higher than typical readings” — UC Berkeley Professor: “Absolutely no correlation” with nuclear disaster; Compares eating banana to drinking water from Fukushima plant (VIDEO) (ENENews, Jan 7, 2014):
CBS San Francisco, Jan. 6, 2014: Health officials are investigating radiation levels along the San Mateo County coast after a video surfaced online showing Geiger counter readings five times higher than normal at a Pacifica Beach [actually detected at Surfer's Beach, about 10 miles south of Pacifica] [...] in a blog posting [the man says] that he has been monitoring levels in the area for two years before noticing a sudden spike in radiation at the end of December. [...] County health officials began investigating the incident on December 28th. They also found higher than typical readings while doing an independent survey [...]
Edward Morse, professor of nuclear engineering at UC Berkeley, Jan. 6, 2014: Someone going around for the first time with a Geiger counter is likely to discover these great variations in levels form time to time [See CBS report above: Man who filmed video "has been monitoring levels in the area for two years before noticing a sudden spike"]. That’s absolutely no correlation with anything that happened in Fukushima.
Morse does not address the findings of the San Mateo County environmental health director who detected radiation levels “about five times the normal amount” at a Bay Area beach last week.
Tokyo Shimbun, December 31, 2013, with translation by Fukushima Voice (version 2e), published Jan. 6, 2014: It was discovered that the memorandum of cooperation between the IAEA and Fukushima as well as Fukui Prefectures contain a confidentiality clause [...] critics say “it could be preempting the State Secrecy Protection Law.” [...] In Fukushima Prefecture, it was the prefectural government that entered into an agreement with IAEA in the area of decontamination and radioactive waste management, whereas Fukushima Medical University entered into an agreement with IAEA in the area of the survey of radiological effect on human health. [...] “The Parties will ensure the confidentiality of information classified by the other Party as restricted or confidential.” [...] if either the prefectures or IAEA decide to classify information for “they contribute to worsening of the residents’ anxiety,” there is a possibility that such information as the accident information, as well as radiation measurement data and thyroid cancer information may not be publicized. [...] IAEA has published reports, after the Chernobyl nuclear accident, stating “there were no health effects due to radiation exposure.” [...] Continue reading »