- Victoria police handed advice over Cardinal George Pell abuse allegations
- Victoria Police confirmed that it had received advice from the DPP
- Must now be decided if Australia’s most senior Catholic official will be charged
- Alleged that Cardinal Pell sexually abused up to 10 boys between 1978 and 2001
- The 75-year-old has strenuously denied abuse allegations levelled against him
Advice on historical sex abuse allegations against Cardinal George Pell has been sent to Victoria Police by the state’s Department of Public Prosecutions.
It must now be decided whether Australia’s most senior Catholic official will be charged over allegations of sexual abuse.