From the article:
“…the FDA also reiterated its belief that BPA is safe to use in the lining of canned foods and beverages.”
– Study: Bisphenol A (BPA) Causes 100x More Harm Than Previously Imagined
And yes, the alternatives are NOT safe either …
– Parents Shocked To Learn ‘BPA-Free’ Baby Bottles Are Loaded With Other Estrogen Mimickers
– Study Finds Bottled Water Leeches 24,000 Chemicals Into Your Body
– New Study: BPA Is Deadly To Developing Brains Of Babies In Utero
– BPA Substitute Could Spell Trouble: Experiments Show Bisphenol S Also Disrupts Hormone Activity
– Study: BPA Leads To Birth & Fertility Defects (… And Is Linked To Diabetes & Breast Cancer)
– Bisphenol-A (BPA) Found In Virtually All Canned Foods
– Study: Cancer Alert on BPA Chemical in Plastic Drink Bottles
– More Than 90 Percent Of Canadians Are Contaminated With Bisphenol-A (BPA)
– The Age of Treason: 1958 Book Exposes Current Chemical Attack on Humanity
– Baby bottles: controversial chemical not removed in UK despite bottle ban in US
– FDA Criticized Over Plastic Chemical
– New Study: Plastic Chemical Tied to Heart Disease and Diabetes
– Chemicals in Plastic Shown to Cause Reproductive and Neurological Disorders
– BPA alternative disrupts normal brain-cell growth, is tied to hyperactivity, study says (Washington Post, Jan 12, 2015):
In a groundbreaking study, researchers have shown why a chemical once thought to be a safe alternative to bisphenol-A, which was abandoned by manufacturers of baby bottles and sippy cups after a public outcry, might itself be more harmful than BPA.
University of Calgary scientists say they think their research is the first to show that bisphenol-S, an ingredient in many products bearing “BPA-free” labels, causes abnormal growth surges of neurons in an animal embryo.
The same surges were also found with BPA, though not at the same levels as with BPS, prompting the scientists to suggest that all structurally similar compounds now in use or considered for use by plastic manufacturers are unsafe.