According to German broadcaster Deutsche Welle (DW), German security and intelligence agencies were particularly familiar with the Berlin attacker, Anis Amri, long before he plowed a large truck into a Christmas market, killing 12 and injuring many more.
In an article titled, “All the cracks that Berlin suspect Amri slipped through,” a now familiar litany of excuses are peddled before audiences in a bid to explain why the suspect wasn’t stopped, weeks, months, even years before he carried out his attack, as soon as it became apparent he was both violent and a danger to society.
DW’s article admits: Continue reading »
I’m going to give the wrap up on the smelly details of the alleged assassination of ambassador Karlov and the unbelievable attack of the articulated lorry at a Christmas market. There may also be interesting phone calls.
H/t reader squodgy:
* * *
Germany’s Bild reports:
Nur zehn Minuten bevor der Lastwagen in die Buden steuerte, war Prof. Shlomo Shpiro, Terrorismus-Experte von der Universität Bar-Ilan in Tel Aviv, auf eben diesem Weihnachtsmarkt von Stand zu Stand geschlendert.
Only ten minutes before the truck drove into the booths, Professor Shlomo Shpiro, a terrorist expert at the University of Bar-Ilan in Tel Aviv, strolled on the same Christmas market from stage to stage.
* * *
Trump confirms to reporters that his plan to ban Muslims from entering the country IS going forward.
And speaking in Florida today, Mr Trump dismissed suggestions he would back down from his hardline stance on banning Muslims from entering the country unless they are subjected to extreme vetting. He told reporters: “You’ve known my plans all along. I’ve been proven to be right, 100% correct. What’s happening is disgraceful.” Continue reading »
H/t reader squodgy.
Searched the net for some German voices critical of the terrorist attack and and found them:
* * *
This website really could use a Christmas surprise.
Maybe you can make it happen.
Your support is very much needed and appreciated.
From the article:
“German police is searching for a Tunisian man after conveniently finding a temporary-stay permit under the driver’s seat of the truck that plowed into a Berlin Christmas market,…”
You can’t make this stuff up!
Update: According to Reuters, quoting German newspapers, the Tunisian suspect had been in contact with network of leading Islamist ideologist know as Abu Walaa, and had applied for asylum and received residency permit.
The German state minister says the suspect in Berlin attack appears to have used different names, declined to say whether suspect was on a watch list but security agencies have identified suspect as being in contact with Islamist network.
The German state minister also said the suspect appears to have arrived in Germany in July 2015, and his asylum application had been rejected. Continue reading »
Following an awkward admission earlier on Tuesday that the German police may have detained the wrong person, moments ago Reuters reported that Germany’s chief federal prosecutor office said the detained suspect in the Berlin Christmas market attack has been released, adding that he does not have enough evidence up to now to pursue case against the suspect.
“The investigation up to now did not yield any urgent suspicion against the accused,” the prosecutor’s office said in a statement.
According to Reuters, the prosecutor’s office said the suspect had made extensive statements during a police hearing, but had denied the offence. It added it had been impossible to track the truck driver by eye-witnesses following the attack and that the investigation so far had not been able to prove that the suspect was in the truck’s cab at the time of the attack.
See commentary down below.
In the latest gaffe for German authorities, one which could further impact Merkel adversely if confirmed – something the Euro confirmed when it just tumbled to fresh 13 years lows – moments ago Die Welt reported that according to German police, the man from Pakistan who was arrested as a suspect in the attack on a Berlin Christmas market that killed 12 people on Monday was not the actual perpetrator.
Police in the German capital questioned a suspect arrested near the scene who they believed was the driver of the truck that rammed into crowds on a square in the heart of west Berlin. The individual denied any involvement and the investigation by Germany’s federal prosecutor, who steps in on terror cases or other major crimes targeting state security, is ongoing, according to Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere Continue reading »
Commentary down below.
Here is the latest:
- Local police confirm twelve people were killed, and 48 injured when a truck plowed into a crowded Christmas market in east Berlin around 8:00pm on Monday evening.
- According to local police, the incident, which took place at the foot of the ruined Kaiser Wilhelm memorial church, is likely terror related
- According to information from German newspaper Die Welt, the alleged truck driver is from Pakistan, and is reported to have arrived as a refugee in Germany on 16 February 2016.
- The dead passenger was a Polish national.
- German police is urging Berliners to stay at home; Merkel is to be briefed by the German Interior Minister.
additionally, Die Welt reports Trump noting that…
The drama on the Berlin Christmas market is a “terrible terror attack”. “Innocent civilians were murdered on the street when they were just about to celebrate the Christmas holidays,” Trump wrote in a message. Continue reading »
Germany’s anti-Islamization and Eurosceptic AfD entered its tenth state assembly, as voters deserted the mainstream parties in the nation’s capital. But a left-leaning coalition is likely to take control of the city.
With all votes counted, Alternative for Germany (AfD), founded only three years ago, captured 14.1 percent of the vote, putting it in fifth place, but within range of the four leading parties.
“It’s a huge success. We are a party coming from nothing, so the only party that is gaining two digits is us. Now, we are moving from the regional elections here this year, and looking to the national polls in 2017,” Beatrix von Storch, an AfD MEP, told RT amid celebrations.
* * *
* * *
Police in Berlin have raided ten apartments because residents may have posted “anti-migrant” views online.
Berlin Police completed a large scale raid on internet users Wednesday. The officers ransacked ten separate apartments in the German capital in the suburbs of Spandau, Tempelhof, Marzahn, Hellersdorf and Pankow.
The force confiscated mobile phones, narcotics and weapons. Nine suspects were arrested, aged 22-58, and are accused of posting messages critical of migrants, migrant helpers and some anti-semitic slogans on social networks like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter, reports Berliner Morgenpost. Continue reading »
Police are seeking an unidentified man who shouted a blank-firing pistol in the air and fired it at least four times while shouting “Allahu Akhbar” at the weekend before driving off. Shell casings have been recovered, but there has been no developments in tracking the man or his car.
Now that plan will probably be well received by the German people.
In other news:
The German government is set to spend €600 million euros housing migrants in upmarket Berlin hotels at a cost of €18,000 per “refugee,” while the city’s 10,000 homeless population will remain on the streets.
The Berlin senate is negotiating a plan with property owners to rent 22 hotels in and around the city to house refugees, German newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine reports, with a reference to a source in the senate.The plan is part of a longer-term leasing of 10,000 hotel places for migrants, each costing €50 (US$54.60) a night for the hotel accommodation or €18,000 per year for an “all inclusive” program of care and integration.
Grand City Hotels, or GCH, a London-based firm which owns the buildings in question, is to provide the Berlin Senate with 22 hotels, including Holiday Inn and Wyndham properties. It is not immediately clear how many refugees it is planned will be accommodated there Continue reading »
H/t reader I.G.
Apr 28, 2015
That’s how it looked like just after the Second World War in Berlin!
Fascinating moving pictures in color show the situation of the city in summer 1945, just after the Second World War and the capitulation of Germany. Daily life after years of war.
Pictures from the destroyed city, the Reichstag, Brandenburger Tor, Adlon, Führerbunker, Unter den Linden, rubble women working in the streets, the tram is running again.
– Berlin protests focus on farming and food safety (CBC News, jan 21, 2013):
Thousands of people braved the cold and demonstrated in the streets of Berlin as politicians and policymakers met to discuss changes to global agricultural policies.
Under the slogan, “We are fed up,” the protesters called for an end to food scandals, genetic engineering and animal cruelty in industrial livestock farming.
Google translation: HERE
– Regionalstudie: Berlin und Ruhrpott werden zu Armutshochburgen (Der Spiegel, Dec 20, 2012):
Hamburg – Wenn Deutschland in diesen Tagen an etwas nicht arm ist, so sind es Armutsberichte. Verschiedenste Institute und Verbände veröffentlichen kurz vor Jahresende Analysen zur Armutsgefährdung der Deutschen, die sich zum Teil deutlich widersprechen. Oft steht dabei die Situation der Gesamtbevölkerung im Fokus.
Der Paritätische Wohlfahrtsverband untersucht hingegen seit Jahren die regionale Entwicklung – und die hält er für besonders besorgniserregend. Der Blick in die Regionen lasse die zum Teil “dramatischen Verwerfungen in unserem Land deutlich werden”, erklärte Ulrich Schneider, Hauptgeschäftsführer des Verbands zur Vorstellung der Studie am Donnerstag.
Dem Bericht zufolge ist mittlerweile etwa jeder siebte Bundesbürger von Armut bedroht. Erstmals habe die Armutsgefährdungsquote im vergangenen Jahr die 15-Prozent-Marke übersprungen, ein “absolutes Rekordhoch”. Mit 12,4 Millionen Menschen sei eine halbe Million mehr betroffen als noch im Vorjahr. Als armutsgefährdet gelten Personen in Haushalten, deren Einkommen weniger als 60 Prozent des durchschnittlichen bedarfsgewichteten Einkommens (Median) in Deutschland beträgt.
For your information …
– Hints Of Planned (Nuclear) Terrorist Attack At The Women’s Soccer World Cup 2011 in Berlin (June 26, 2011): Mega Ritual 2011 (Complete) – Mega Ritual New Signs – DB Provides New Information – First We Take Manhattan … Then We Take Berlin – Lawyer Files Preliminary Injunction Against Angela Merkel Because of Planned Nuclear Attack
I’ve also added some more videos below.
Even Wolfgang Schäuble warned in 2006 of a nuclear terrorist attack in Germany. (Video below.)
Use the Google translator for the following German texts.
– Erst Manhatten, dann Berlin? Meine Strafanzeige vom 23.06.2011 wegen mutmaßlich geplanten Terroranschlags am 26.06.2011 in Berlin (Dominik Storr, German Lawyer, June 24, 2011):
Nachdem ich gestern von einem Deutsch-Amerikaner noch einen Hinweis in dieser traurigen Angelegenheit erhalten hatte, den man wegen der allgemeinen Lebenserfahrung und den juristischen Denkgesetzen nicht wegargumentieren kann, hatte ich mich heute Nacht entschieden, Strafanzeige beim Bundeskriminalamt wegen eines mutmaßlich geplanten Terroranschlags am 26.06.2011 in Berlin einzureichen.
Ich schließe mich den Worten meines Kollegen van Geest, der in dieser Sache einen umfangreichen Antrag auf Erlass einer einstweiligen Anordnung gegen die Bundeskanzlerin Frau Dr. Merkel sowie gegen den Innensenator des Landes Berlin vom 31.05.2011 beim Verwaltungsgericht Berlin (Az. 33 L 259.11) gestellt hat, an:
Möge Gott uns vor dem geplanten Unheil bewahren!
Jesuit Priest Admits Molesting Youth
A priest last week admitted in a statement to SPIEGEL he had abused a number of pupils at an elite Berlin high school run by Jesuit priests. In recent days, around 20 former students have come forward alleging they were sexually abused by priests at the school. The director of Canisius College has described the years-long abuse as “systematic.”
Berlin’s Canisius College, a university-prep high school run by Jesuit priests, is one of the most elite schools in the German capital. Former students from the respected private school have reached the upper echelons of business, politics and society. For the past week, however, Canisius College has been at the center of a major sexual abuse scandall.
Last week, around 20 former students claimed they had been sexually abused by two teachers at the school, Wolfgang S. and Peter R. The abuse is believed to have been committed during the 1970s and 1980s.
‘Nothing To Apologize For’
After being contacted by SPIEGEL, one of the former teachers admitted he had abused some of his students. Wolfgang S., a former sports teacher and Jesuit priest, issued a statement to his victims stating it was “a sad fact that I abused children and young men under pseudo-educational pretexts.” The churchman, who today lives in South America, said that he had informed regional Catholic authorities in Germany in 1991 of his “criminal past.” He claims the Jesuit priests had known for 19 years about the multiple incidents of abuse.
Stefan Dartmann, the Catholic Provincial Superior for Germany, confirmed to SPIEGEL that the order has knowledge of the crimes that had been committed by Wolfgang S. at the time. Dartmann said a lawyer had been hired to investigate the files “to determine what, exactly, the Jesuits knew at the time and what consequences they drew.” Wolfgang S. left the order in 1992. Previously, he is also believed to have abused pupils at other schools, but he refused to comment on those allegations.
In addition to his time at the Berlin school, he worked at the Sankt-Ansgar School in Hamburg and at the Sankt-Blasien school in the southern Black Forest region from 1982 to 1984.
‘Intimate, Fatherly Behavior’
The then-director of the school, Father Hans Joachim Martin, said that S.’s “intimate, fatherly behavior” towards some schoolchildren had attracted his attention. S. was later forced to leave the high school.
S. also claimed he had told the Vatican about his misconduct. In his statement, he says that he had provided testimony to the Vatican with “unvarnished honesty.” And in South America, he had “again and again come into close contact with the torturers and victims” of the Pinochet dictatorship. “I was confronted with my mirror image as a tormenter of children,” he said.
Several victims expressed their outrage over the tone of his statement. In the document, dated Jan. 20, S. addressed “all the people who I abused as children and in their youth.” He added, “I’m sorry for what I did to you. And if you are capable, I ask you to forgive me.” But he also told SPIEGEL: “I have come clean about my past to God and the world.”
The second man alleged to have abused children at the school is a 69-year-old former religion teacher from Berlin, Peter R., who has disputed all allegations. SPIEGEL could not reach R. for comment by press time on Friday or on subsequent attempts on Monday. After his time at the school in Berlin, R. apparently worked as a pastor with young people in the state of Lower Saxony. He was reportedly the victim of a knife attack by a former Canisius College student several years ago.
Victim: Priest Ordered Me to Masturbate in Front of Him
After SPIEGEL hit the newsstands on Monday, additional details emerged in the alleged abuses.
One former victim who has accused Peter R. told SPIEGEL that he had had “several extensive talks” in 1981 with the school’s rector at the time, in which he spoke exhaustively about his sexual abuse. He said the abuse had taken place in a basement on the school grounds. He said the priest had repeatedly ordered him to masturbate in front of him. “Anyone who wanted to get any further in school,” the witness said, was forced to go through similar degradation.
Karl Heinz Fischer, the school’s rector from April 1981 to June 1989, confirmed to SPIEGEL that a student had reported Peter R.’s abuse to him during the first half of 1981. Fischer said he had immediately notified his superior, priest Rolf Dieter Pfahl, who was the Provincial Superior for the Jesuit Province of Northern Germany, of the allegations. Pfahl then called for Peter R. to be transferred. After the summer holidays in 1981, Fischer told SPIEGEL, Peter R. was no longer deployed in the classroom. Continue reading »
‘A World that Stands as One’ = ‘A One World Order’ = ‘The New World Order’
Sen. Barack Obama’s vote for a federal surveillance law that he had previously opposed has sparked a backlash from his online advocates, who had energized his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination.
The elite knows that in the coming election people will probably favor the Democratic candidate for a ‘change’ and thats why Barack Obama, like Bill Clinton before, stands for change. This is just manipulation.
And since John McCain is obviously no option, especially not for change, people who want to see a change will vote for Barack Obama.
Yet all these candidates are puppets set up by the elite.
All these candidates are after your emotional reaction to favor one candidate and reject the others, because if you are getting emotional about them, than you stop to think and then they have you.
If people would for a moment not look at the messenger but at the message, then a different picture would emerge.
Ron Paul does not have to say that he stands for change, because his actions speak louder than words.
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) waves as he arrives at the Victory Column in Berlin, July 24, 2008. (Associated Press)
Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is speaking in Berlin. His remarks, “A World that Stands as One,” as prepared for delivery, follow:
“A World that Stands as One”
July 24th, 2008
Thank you to the citizens of Berlin and to the people of Germany. Let me thank Chancellor Merkel and Foreign Minister Steinmeier for welcoming me earlier today. Thank you Mayor Wowereit, the Berlin Senate, the police, and most of all thank you for this welcome.