– No, “Science” Has Not Confirmed That GMOs Are Safe To Eat
– So-called ‘Trillion Meal Study’ of GMO safety is junk
– How the National Academy of Sciences Misled the Public over GMO Food Safety
– GMO Myths and Truths: A New Must Read Treasure Trove of Knowledge
– Russian Deputy PM: GMOs Not Needed to Feed The World
– GMOs Will Not Feed The World – EWG Report
– New Report Debunks ‘Myth’ That GMOs Are Key To Feeding The World
– The GMO Biotech Lobby’s Emotional Blackmail And Bogus Claims: Monsanto’s Genetically Modified Crops Will Not Feed The World
– GMOs Won’t Feed The World (Video)
– Exposed: the great GM crops myth (The Independent):
“Genetic modification actually cuts the productivity of crops, an authoritative new study shows, undermining repeated claims that a switch to the controversial technology is needed to solve the growing world food crisis.
Last week the biggest study of its kind ever conducted – the International Assessment of Agricultural Science and Technology for Development – concluded that GM was not the answer to world hunger.
Professor Bob Watson, the director of the study and chief scientist at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, when asked if GM could solve world hunger, said: “The simple answer is no.”
But aside from that, what could possibly go wrong?
– Monsanto: GM-Corn Harvest of 82,000 Hectares in South Africa Fails (Digital Journal)
– 107 Nobel Laureates Demand Greenpeace Stop Opposing GMOs… Because “We’re Scientists”:
Forget Brexit, one of the most contriversial debates has surfaced once again, and this time with a vengeance. More than 100 Nobel laureates have signed a letter urging Greenpeace to end its opposition to genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
The letter asks Greenpeace to cease its efforts to block introduction of a genetically engineered strain of rice that supporters say could reduce Vitamin-A deficiencies causing blindness and death in children in the developing world.
“We urge Greenpeace and its supporters to re-examine the experience of farmers and consumers worldwide with crops and foods improved through biotechnology, recognize the findings of authoritative scientific bodies and regulatory agencies, and abandon their campaign against ‘GMOs’ in general and Golden Rice in particular,” the letter states according to The Washington Post.
The reasoning is simple according to those who signed the letter: “We’re scientists” – so there!
Continue reading »
Tags: Agriculture, Genetically Modified Organisms, Global News, GMO, Health, Science