- Midwestern Wheat Left Rotting as Oil Trains Roll By (Common Dreams, Aug 26, 2014):
Oil boom in North Dakota is delaying massive grain shipments, farmers say
- Midwestern Wheat Left Rotting as Oil Trains Roll By (Common Dreams, Aug 26, 2014):
Oil boom in North Dakota is delaying massive grain shipments, farmers say
- Why The Earthquake Near San Francisco Is Just The Start Of The Shaking In California (Economic Collapse, Aug 24, 2014):
If you thought that the earthquake that struck northern California on Sunday was something, just wait until you see what is coming in the years ahead. As you will read about below, we live at a time when earthquake activity is dramatically increasing. This is especially true of the “Ring of Fire” which runs roughly along the outer perimeter of the Pacific Ocean. Approximately 81 percent of all big earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire, and the entire west coast of the United States falls within the danger zone. Over the past few years, we have seen huge earthquake after huge earthquake strike various areas along the Ring of Fire, but up until now the California coastline has mostly been spared. However, there are indications that this may be about to change in a big way. Continue reading »
- Ebola Among Health Workers: More Than 240 Sick, More Than 120 Dead (Economic Collapse, Aug 25, 2014):
If hundreds of doctors and nurses are becoming infected with Ebola, what chance is the general public going to have? This is not just a question that many of us are asking. As you will see below, this is a question that the World Health Organization is asking. When dozens of health workers started getting Ebola, nobody could explain how it was happening. More precautions were taken and health workers were even more careful than before. Then the number of sick health workers rose to 170. Even more measures were taken to keep doctors and nurses from getting the disease, but now just a couple of weeks later we have learned that a total of 240 health workers have contracted the virus and more than 120 of them have died. Overall, more than 2,600 people have been infected with Ebola since this outbreak began and more than 1,400 people have died. This virus continues to spread at an exponential rate, and now we have learned that there are confirmed cases of Ebola in the Democratic Republic of Congo. When are people in the western world going to wake up and start taking this disease seriously? Continue reading »
- Classified Interviews: Multiple Fukushima reactors were melting down on first day of crisis, hours after quake — Plant chief thinks ‘very serious’ blast at Unit 3 NOT from hydrogen — Professor: Nuclear explosion can’t be ruled out due to plutonium in MOX fuel — TEPCO employees wouldn’t get within 50 km of reactors (VIDEO) (ENENews, Aug 26, 2014):
NHK, Aug. 25, 2014 (emphasis added): Classified interviews with former Fukushima Daiichi chief
- 0:30 in — Masao Yoshida, Manager at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant on 3/11: “Head office, head office, a very serious situation is occurring. The Number 3 reactor building has exploded, probably a steam blast.”
- 1:00 in — NHK: Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant entered the critical phase on Mar. 11, 2011. Officials at the plant noticed late in the afternoon that the emergency cooling system was not working, but Yoshida wasn’t informed until late that night and the reactors had already started melting down. Yoshida: “I’m very regretful about this, we failed to establish a system to receive warnings from employees on time.” Continue reading »
And obviously the Japan government didn’t give a f**** about its own people.
- US Official: There were orders to not get within 230 miles of Fukushima Daiichi — Potassium iodide given to all defense personnel and families within 200 miles of plant — Over 1,100 kinds of radioactive material detected (ENENews, Aug 24, 2014):
Assistant Secretary of Defense Jonathan Woodson, June 19, 2014: Between March 16 and 19, 2011, ships supporting OT [Operation Tomodachi] were directed to remain at least 100 nm [nautical miles] from Fukushima Daiichi and greater than 150 nm from Fukushima Daiichi along a 90 degree arc, or wedge, centered on the direction of wind from Fukushima Daiichi. The standoff distance from Fukushima Daiichi was temporarily increased to 200 nm [230 miles] on March 16, 2011, as a precaution following detection of abnormally high radiation levels above the Fukushima Daiichi Unit 3 containment building by the Japanese military. On March 19, 2011, the wedge was reduced to 125 nm… Continue reading »
- LA Times: ‘Horrific Comedy’ at US Nuclear Site — “Mounds of radioactive white foam laced with plutonium” spewed out — Gov’t failed to do any radiation tests when releases peaked after ‘major’ leak — Experts: “Risk of additional eruptions is real” (VIDEO) (ENENews, Aug 24, 2014):
KRQE, Aug 14, 2014 (emphasis added): [In February the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant] experienced a major radiation leak, shutting down the plant.
Los Angeles Times, Aug 23, 2014:
- Nuclear waste accident in New Mexico was a ‘horrific comedy of errors’
- A 55-gallon drum of nuclear waste… violently erupted late on Feb. 14 and spewed mounds of radioactive white foam
- The flowing mass, looking like whipped cream but laced with plutonium, went airborne, traveled up a ventilation duct to the surface
- Filters [were] to prevent any radioactivity from reaching the surface, but the dampers leaked and thousands of cubic feet of air bypassed filters Continue reading »
- CNN caught red handed covering up CDC medical genocide of African-American babies (Natural News, Aug 25, 2014):
While CNN salivates over the news potential of an African-American teen being shot by a police officer, the network deliberately censors any news of the systematic medical abuse of African-American children by the CDC and the vaccine industry. That’s the startling revelation which has now surfaced from recent events.
Following the explosive story of a key CDC scientist and whistleblower going public with his admission that the CDC committed scientific fraud to bury the truth about MMR vaccines causing autism, CNN has twice censored citizen journalists who posted well-cited stories on CNN’s iReport website.
CNN has been aggressively monitoring its own website to commit content suppression actions as rapidly as possible, making sure any truthful reporting about the CDC, MMR vaccines and autism gets deleted as quickly as possible.
The first story posted on CNN’s iReport site stayed up for 19 hours before CNN censors noticed it and ordered it deleted. By that time, it had racked up 17,000 shares and was starting to go viral. The author of that story contacted The Truth Barrier and explained how CNN content censors lied: Continue reading »
- Cornel West slams ‘counterfeit’ Obama’s presidency (RT, Aug 25, 2015):
Cornel West, activist and professor at Union Theological Seminary, ripped Barack Obama’s “Wall Street presidency,” calling him another neoliberal “counterfeit” after posing as a progressive in his initial campaign for the White House in 2008.
“We ended up with a Wall Street presidency, a drone presidency, a national security presidency,” West told Salon.com’s Thomas Frank.
“The torturers go free. The Wall Street executives go free. The war crimes in the Middle East, especially now in Gaza, the war criminals go free. And yet, you know, he acted as if he was both a progressive and as if he was concerned about the issues of serious injustice and inequality and it turned out that he’s just another neoliberal centrist with a smile and with a nice rhetorical flair.”
Public intellectual West lamented Obama’s failure – or refusal – to attempt a revival of democratic principles at a time of “an empire in decline.”
“Our culture is in increasing decay. Our school systems are in deep trouble. Our political system is dysfunctional. Our leaders are more and more bought off with legalized bribery and normalized corruption in Congress and too much of our civil life. You would think that we needed somebody—a Lincoln-like figure who could revive some democratic spirit and democratic possibility.”
West said at a time of deep need for solutions, for a change of culture in the gilded halls of Washington, Obama was another “opportunist.” Continue reading »
- White Hawk Down – UN Helicopter Shot Down In South Sudan (ZeroHedge, Aug 26, 2014):
Time for some more ‘humanitarian’ airtsrike non-boots-on-the-ground ‘advisors’… As AP reports, The U.N. mission in South Sudan says one of its helicopters has crashed, and a U.N. official told The Associated Press that it appears the aircraft was shot down. While not quite Mogadishu (yet), the UN is “deeply concerned” about the crew as the widespread and massive violence between rebels and the national army in South Sudan that has raged since December continues to rage.
- The Problem Isn’t Islam … It’s ALL Religious Fundamentalism (Washington’s Blog, Aug 24, 2014):
While the Koran Calls for Violence, The Bible Is Even Worse … Calling for Genocide
Christians and Jews rightly point out that the Koran is a violent text which calls on Muslims to attack “unbelievers”.
But they fail to see that the Bible is at least as violent.
- UN ‘leaders’ as corrupt as US/UK/Israel: We the People must demand arrests or suffer endless war (Washington’s Blog, Aug 24, 2014):
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s official statements about Israel’s most recent armed attack upon Gaza are Orwellian lies of omission because they fail to uphold the one and only legal authority of the UN: to stop Wars of Aggression.
Allowing “developed nations” to have unlawful wars is consistent with UN history. A recent example is Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s silence for 18 months in official statements over the US/UK’s armed attacks and invasion of Iraq, to finally admit in 2004 when directly asked if that war is illegal: Continue reading »
Still burning radioactive debris all over Japan … Yeah, let’s use rainwater!
- Let’s Use Rainwater! Recent Trends in Rainwater Use in Japan (Japan For Sustainability, Aug 24, 2014):
In recent years, a growing number of municipalities in Japan have been making use of rainwater. Blessed with a large amount of rainfall compared to other countries, since the post-war urban development period Japan has tended to deal with this abundance by “disposing” of rainwater. Over the years, however, this thinking has gradually shifted toward taking advantage of rainwater as a natural resource. In this article, we will introduce the recent trends in rainwater use in Japan.
The earthquake and tsunami that struck northern Japan in March 2011 caused sudden rise in the number of households that are installing tanks to store rainwater for emergencies. The size and style of these tanks vary widely, from a small storage capacity of 100 liters to a large storage capacity of 1,000 liters, including tanks used as garden furniture made of terra cotta. Installation costs range from several thousand yen to several tens of thousands of yen. Continue reading »
- War in the Hundred Acre Woods (Washington’s Blog, Aug 24, 2014):
In the 1920s and 1930s, anybody who was anybody tried to figure out how to rid the world of war. Collectively, I’d say they got three-quarters of the way to an answer. But from 1945 to 2014, they’ve been ignored when possible (which is most of the time), laughed at when necessary, and on the very rare occasions that require it: attacked.
What a flock of idiots the leading thinkers of a generation all must have been. World War II happened. Therefore, war is eternal. Everyone knows that.
But slavery abolitionists pushed on despite slavery happening another year, and another year. Women sought the right to vote in the next election cycle following each one they were barred from. Undoubtedly war is trickier to get rid off, because governments claim that all the other governments (and any other war makers) must go first or do it simultaneously. The possibility of someone else launching a war, combined with the false notion that war is the best way to defend against war, creates a seemingly permanent maze from which the world cannot emerge. Continue reading »
US President Barack Obama has authorised surveillance flights over Syria in order to gain intelligence on the activities of Islamic State (IS).
Correspondents say the move could mark the first step towards US air strikes inside Syria, where the jihadist group controls vast swathes of territory.
The US is already carrying out strikes against IS in neighbouring Iraq. Continue reading »
- Israeli Bombing Intensifies in Gaza as Does Push for ICC ‘War Crimes’ Inquiry (Common Dreams, Aug 23, 2014):
Hamas signs off on Palestinian efforts to join International Criminal Court as international legal experts demand accountability
The push to engage the International Criminal Court in an investigation into possible war crimes by Israel for it military attacks on the civilian population of the Gaza Strip is gaining steam among Palestinian political factions as well as members of the international legal community.
On Friday, an international coalition of legal advocacy organizations wrote to the ICC’s chief prosecutor, Fatou Bensouda, urging her to initiate an investigation into serious crimes committed by Israeli forces during it ongoing military operation against Palestinians living in Gaza, dubbed Operation Protective Edge. Continue reading »
- London Mayor’s Stunning Proposal: “Terrorist Until Proven Innocent” (ZeroHedge, Aug 25, 2014):
With all of England on edge because the ISIS executioner of James Foley, known as “Jihadi John” sported a British accent, and who may or may not have been identified as Abdel-Majed Bary, although UK government sources have not yet officially revealed his identity, one person has decided it is time to not waste yet another crisis. The person: London mayor Boris Johnson who as the Guardian reports, has called for the presumption of innocence to be reversed in cases where Britons travel to Iraq or Syria and said he wants the jihadist who beheaded an American journalist to be killed in a bomb attack. If Johnson’s proposal for a “swift and minor” law change passes, any Brit traveling to Iraq or Syria will automatically be branded a terrorist and suffer the appropriate consequences.
More on this stunning attempt to overhaul the most basic right of law: Continue reading »
- ‘Troubling News’: Only 1% of sockeye salmon coming into US waters from Pacific — Lowest rate ever recorded, yet record high numbers were expected — Scientist suspects ‘warm blob’ off West Coast to blame — Chinook salmon numbers ‘very low’, concern about pink salmon next year (ENENews, Aug 25, 2014):
The Olympian (Washington), Aug 24, 2014:
- ‘Warm blob’ keeps possible record sockeye run away from U.S. waters
- A development that has left local fishermen scratching their heads
- Data from the Pacific Salmon Commission [shows] about 99 percent of the sockeye salmon has gone through the Johnstone Strait around the northern part of Vancouver Island
- About 50 percent of the run [typically goes through] U.S. waters
- Nearly 2.9 million sockeye salmon have been caught in Canadian waters, while the U.S. fishermen had caught around 98,000
- This year’s diversion rate is unusual…, it would be the highest diversion rate on record, with data dating back to 1953… That would be troubling news
- Fishermen Pete Granger: “It could be one of the worst seasons we’ve had in a long time” Continue reading »
- US Furious After Source Of “Mystery” Libya Bombing Raids Revealed (ZeroHedge, Aug 25, 2014):
Over the past week anew geopolitical mystery has emerged: an “unknown” party was launching airstrikes against Libya, which is already reeling in its latest political crisis where headlines such as this have become the norm:
- MILITIA MEN SET HOUSE OF LIBYAN PM THENI ABLAZE: ARABIYA
- LIBYA’S NEIGHBOURS AGREE NOT TO INTERVENE IN LIBYAN AFFAIRS, CALL FOR NATIONAL DIALOGUE
The strikes puzzled all media outlets, including Reuters which just over the weekend reported that “Unidentified war planes attacked positions of an armed faction in the Libyan capital Tripoli on Saturday, residents and local media said. Local channel al-Nabaa said the planes had attacked four positions of the Operation Dawn, an umbrella of Islamist-leaning forces from Misrata which has been trying to expel brigades from Zintan, also located in western Libya.” This follows a similar report when on Monday, the government said unknown fighter jets had bombed positions from armed factions in Tripoli, an attack claimed by a renegade general in Benghazi.
Turns out the renegade general was lying, and merely trying to take credit for another party’s intervention. That party, or rather, parties has been revealed as Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, which as the NYT reports, “have secretly teamed up to launch airstrikes against Islamist-allied militias battling for control of Tripoli, Libya, four senior American officials said, in a major escalation between the supporters and opponents of political Islam.” Continue reading »
- Nuclear Engineer: Studies show multiple fuel cores ejected from Fukushima reactors… I thought so too, it was one of my big concerns — Radiation Expert: Hot particles of uranium and plutonium fuels detected nearly 300 miles away (VIDEO) (ENENews, Aug 25, 2014):
Chris Harris, former licensed Senior Reactor Operator & engineer, Aug 21, 2014 (at 24:00 in): NHK just [broadcasted] that many studies are showing… that multiple cores — parts of it, or some, or even most of it — had been ejected. We thought that too. Once you breach containment, that was one of my big concerns — where did the core go after an explosion like? Whether it be steam or hydrogen explosion or a combination of both… it got ‘sneezed out’ all over the place. It’s totally – it’s a huge mess. Continue reading »
Added: Aug 19, 2014
We’re back! It’s Truthstream News No. 2! First, we just want to say THANK YOU for the overwhelming support we received after we put up the first show. You guys are awesome.
In this second episode of Truthstream News, Aaron Dykes and Melissa Melton expose the phony pretenses behind a massive corporate takeover in Africa and the rest of the world – as well as other examples of Trojan Horse philanthropic aid on the international scene.
We also finally finished Corntamination! (Long time fans: remember that from last summer?) Woooot!
In this episode:
– Aaron sells the world on international food aid at the hands of the planet’s foremost billionaires
– Melissa presents evidence to support her hypothesis that working for the highest echelon of the federal government turns people into bridge trolls
– The duo breakdown the recent U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit and what’s really driving all this “foreign aid”
– John Kerry tells starving Africans not to build any new farms, just to plant some GMO, while Obama informs young African leaders that we can’t live in a world where everybody has a nice house and air conditioning because the planet will “boil over”
– Melissa discovers the benefits of water fluoridation
– In a special investigative report, Truthstream follows the trail of biopharming, where science is using genetically engineered crops to growing pharmaceutical and vaccine components. Some of these medications are developed to be eaten directly as food. (Remember Prodigene and Epicyte?)
– and Janet Yellen receives a Letter to the NWO.
Tags: Africa, Agriculture, Barack Obama, Bill Gates, Biotech, Depopulation, Economy, Environment, Food, Gates Foundation, Genetically Modified Organisms, Genocide, Global News, GMO, Government, Maurice Strong, Monsanto, New World Order, Obama administration, Politics, ProdiGene, Rockefeller, Syngenta, Tom Vilsack, U.S., USDA, Vaccination, Vaccine
- ‘Shoot on sight’ orders given to contain Ebola outbreak (Natural News, Aug 25, 2014):
As panic grows from the current Ebola outbreak, which began in Africa and continues to ravage scores of people on the continent, authorities are becoming more resolute in preventing its spread, even adopting extreme measures that involve armed force.
As reported by Sky News, the armed forces of Liberia have been given orders by the government to shoot people trying to cross illegally from the border of neighboring Sierra Leone, which was closed to stem the spread of the disease.
Continue reading »
- Ireland – Coldest August night on record (Ice Age Now, Aug 25, 2014):
Breaks record for the entire month of August.
A new record for the coldest August night was set on the night of 23rd/24th August for Northern Ireland.
The Met Office said temperatures plunged to a bone-chilling -1.9C (28.6F) at Katesbridge, Co Down, beating the previous record of -1.1C at Loughermore Forest in 1964.
Note: This wasn’t just the coldest in Katesbridge, it was the coldest on record across all of Northern Ireland. Continue reading »
- CDC whistleblower’s secret letter to Gerberding released by Natural News as mainstream media desperately censors explosive story (Natural News, Aug 25, 2014):
The CDC whistleblower who has come forward with proof that the CDC knowingly covered up scientific evidence linking the MMR vaccine to autism has now been revealed as William W. Thompson, PhD. To share this story, use tags #vaccinegate and #EndVaccineViolence
Natural News has acquired a letter from William Thompson to former CDC head Dr. Julie Gerberding, dated February 2nd, 2004. The date of this letter is important because a pivotal Institute of Medicine (IoM) meeting on vaccine safety took place just one week later on February 9th. (See the full letter below.)
In this letter, William Thompson says he will be “presenting the summary of our results from the Metropolitan Atlanta Autism Case-Control Study,” and he laments that the data will show MMR vaccines cause an increased risk of autism in youth African-American babies. He explains “I will have to present several problematic results relating to statistical associations between the receipt of MMR vaccine and autism.” Continue reading »
In other news:
- Russia Prepares 2nd Humanitarian Convoy “Invasion” (ZeroHedge, Aug 25, 2014)
- Lavrov: Russia to send another humanitarian convoy to Ukraine (RT, Aug 25, 2014):
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has announced plans for a second humanitarian convoy to be sent to eastern Ukraine, urging foreign actors and agencies to participate in continuing efforts at relieving the crisis.
Failure to do so would constitute a violation of international law, he warned.
“Anyone in need of aid shall receive it,” the FM said, stressing that it is important to learn from the mistakes of the first attempt and to look forward to closer cooperation with the Ukrainian authorities this time around.
He stressed that as the indiscriminate shelling of areas such as Lugansk continues, the humanitarian need for water and food grows. This has been acknowledged by humanitarian agencies and itnernational actors at large.
The distribution of aid is currently underway, and is headed by the ICRC.
“The second aid convoy must travel this week… We hope for less interference and more cooperation from Ukrainian authorities this time”
The FM also added that the shelling of schools, hospitals, kindergartens and other vulnerable institutions and structures can no longer be excused by claims of “wrongful shooting” or be written off as “accidental.” Continue reading »
And who can trust a WHO that is 75% funded by Big Pharma?
- “Current Ebola Outbreak Is Different,” WHO Warns “Unprecedented” Number Of Medical Staff Infected (ZeroHedge, Aug 25, 2014):
The outbreak of Ebola virus disease in west Africa is unprecedented in many ways, including the high proportion of doctors, nurses, and other health care workers who have been infected, warns the World Health Organization. Despite all precautions possible, more than 240 health care workers have developed the disease in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone, and more than 120 have died. Simply put, they conclude, the current outbreak is different. The loss of so many doctors and nurses has made it difficult for WHO to secure support from sufficient numbers of foreign medical staff. Even WHO admits, if doctors and nurses are getting infected, what chance does the general public have? Continue reading »
- New hotbed of Ebola found in Congo as serum-treated doctor dies (RT, Aug 25, 2014):
Officials from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) say that a second, separate outbreak of the deadly virus has occurred in the country. Meanwhile, a Liberian doctor treated with an experimental serum against the illness has passed away. Continue reading »
- China may unveil homegrown OS rivals to Windows, Google and Apple (RT, Aug 25, 2014):
Following revelations of America’s National Security Agency’s global internet surveillance system, combined with a desire to enhance domestic production, China is beating a path towards unveiling its own operating systems in October.
The Chinese-made substitutes would first be introduced on desktop devices, later expanding to include smartphones and other hand-held devices, Ni Guangnan heads an official operating system development alliance established in March, Xinhau reported at the weekend.
“We hope to launch a Chinese-made desktop operating system by October supporting app stores,” Ni told the trade paper. Continue reading »