- ‘It’s coming back': Meteorologists warn ANOTHER Polar Vortex will strike the U.S. this winter (The Daily Mail, Oct 16, 2014):
- Another polar vortex set to hit the Northeast from January
- Cold airs expected from November
- New York forecast for above-average snow and freezing temperatures
- Around 70 inches of snow is also expected to slam Philadelphia
- South will have a predominantly wet winter
- Midwest set to less snow and warmer-than-average temperatures
- California drought not expected to worsen
The Polar Vortex Part II is getting ready to roll back into town.
Leading meteorologists are warning the Mid-Atlantic is in for a repeat of last winter, which was noted as the 34th coldest such period for the contiguous 48 states as a whole since modern records began in 1895, according to weather.com.
Now, with a month-and-a-half left of fall, the forecasts are in, and another polar vortex looks set to hit the Northeast from January and not let up for months. Continue reading »
- Israel continues to abuse, torture Palestinian children (PressTV, Oct 18, 2014):
A large number of the Palestinian children held in Israeli prisons are being subjected to torture and abuse, a Palestinian official says.
Rami al-Alami, who supervises Palestinian children at the Ofer Israeli military prison, said that around 100 children being held in this jail are in need of medical and psychological attention as they are being kept in bad conditions and being abused and tortured by the Israeli guards.
The imprisoned children are even denied their basic rights, including education, proper treatment and medical care, he noted. Continue reading »
- Doug Kass: The Day The Market Died (ZeroHedge, Oct 13, 2014):
Here is Doug Kass’ latest: “The Day the Market Died” (to be sung to the tune of Don McLean’s ” American Pie” and with special recognition to Sean Brady and Tom Kearney who originally presented this concept after the Nasdaq blew up in 2000).
Have some fun and sing along!
A long, long month ago
I can still remember
How the market used to make me smile Continue reading »
- IMF Comedy Hour: The Complete History Of The IMF’s Growth “Forecasts” Since 2012 (ZeroHedge, Oct, 7, 2014):
Because the IMF’s sheer and gross incompetence never gets old.
TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE MOON: The Moon is about to pass through the shadow of Earth, producing a colorful lunar eclipse. Sky watchers in the Americas, Australia, Pacific islands and parts of Asia can expect to see the full Moon turn beautiful shades of red and turquoise for nearly an hour on Wednesday morning, Oct. 8th.
On October 8th there will be a total eclipse of the Moon. Got clouds? No problem. The event will be broadcast live on the web by the Coca-Cola Science Center.
DON’T MISS THE LUNAR ECLIPSE: On Wednesday morning, Oct. 8th, there will be a total lunar eclipse. Sky watchers in the Americas, Australia and most of Asia can see the full Moon turn red as it passes through the sunset-colored shadow of Earth: visibility map. The show begins at approximately 9:15 UT (2:15 a.m. PDT) when the Moon makes first contact with the core of Earth’s shadow. Totality, when the Moon is fully shadowed, begins at 10:25 UT (3:25 a.m. PDT) and lasts for nearly an hour. Resources:NASA video, animated eclipse, live webcast.
During the eclipse, the Moon will look like this: Continue reading »
What could possibly go wrong?
- How To Protect Yourself Against Ebola (The Onion, Oct 2, 2014):
This week saw the first confirmed case of Ebola virus within the United States, the latest development in an outbreak that has already claimed over 3,000 lives. Here are some ways you can protect yourself against this deadly disease:
- Boil all bodily fluids before consumption.
- Regularly examine your DNA under an electron microscope for any indication that Ebola has attached itself to your cell membranes.
- Recognize the symptoms of Ebola, which include fever, chills, and developing symptoms too late to do anything about them. Continue reading »
At 23:30 into the video.
Link starts at 23:03:
“You have to be asleep to believe it.”
A short excerpt from the video “Life Is Worth Losing” (2005).
Without a spam filter, there would be no comments possible.
H/t reader squodgy:
“We’re in desperate straits now. The lies, bullshit explanations & justifications are flying out like firecrackers.
This one muddies it all even more…….”
With ISIS leader Al-Baghdadi being on the payroll of our CIA and the Mossad this seems to make perfect sense.
- Aljazeera discloses secret meeting between Syrian rebels and Israel (Moslem Press, Sep 15, 2014):
Al-Jazeera news channel disclosed a secret meeting between Syrian opposition and Israeli intelligence officers in Istanbul.
A senior Hamas leader provided Al-Jazeera news channel with compelling evidences, revealing details about a clandestine meeting gathered between Syrian Islamist warlords and Israeli special envoy, joseph Yossi in Turkish glamorous city of Istanbul. Syrian famous opposition figures such as Kamal al-Labwani and Ahmad Tumeh also attended the meeting. Continue reading »
H/t reader squodgy:
“Something to make us smile….”
- 84-Year-Old Man Surprises ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judges with Naughty Original Song (Tastefully Offensive, July 2, 2014):
- The Nail In The Petrodollar Coffin: Gazprom Begins Accepting Payment For Oil In Ruble, Yuan (ZeroHedge, Aug 27, 2014):
Several months ago, when Russia announced the much anticipated “Holy Grail” energy deal with China, some were disappointed that despite this symbolic agreement meant to break the petrodollar’s stranglehold on the rest of the world, neither Russia nor China announced payment terms to be in anything but dollars. In doing so they admitted that while both nations are eager to move away from a US Dollar reserve currency, neither is yet able to provide an alternative.
This changed in late June when first Gazprom’s CFO announced the gas giant was ready to settle China contracts in Yuan or Rubles, and at the same time the People’s Bank of China announced that its Assistant Governor Jin Qi and Russian central bank Deputy Chairman Dmitry Skobelkin held a meeting in which they discussed cooperating on project and trade financing using local currencies. The meeting discussed cooperation in bank card, insurance and financial supervision sectors.
And yet, while both sides declared their operational readiness and eagerness to bypass the dollar entirely, such plans remained purely in the arena of monetary foreplay and the long awaited first shot across the Petrodollar bow was absent.
According to Russia’s RIA Novosti, citing business daily Kommersant, Gazprom Neft has agreed to export 80,000 tons of oil from Novoportovskoye field in the Arctic; it will accept payment in rubles, and will also deliver oil via the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline (ESPO), accepting payment in Chinese yuan for the transfers. Meaning Russia will export energy to either Europe or China, and receive payment in either Rubles or Yuan, in effect making the two currencies equivalent as far as the Eurasian axis is conerned, but most importantly, transact completely away from the US dollar thus, finally putin'(sic) in action the move for a Petrodollar-free world. Continue reading »
… all of them coming directly from from our Al-CIAda unit …
Just one month after this article has been published in the Guardian Robin Cook DIED:
- Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook: ‘Al-Qaida, Literally “The Database”, Was Originally The Computer File Of The Thousands Of Mujahideen Who Were Recruited And Trained With Help From The CIA To Defeat The Russians’
- Al Qaeda Doesn’t Exist or How The US Created Al Qaeda (Documentary)
- BBC: Al-Qaeda Does Not Exist (Documentary)
- US intelligence: 300 Americans fighting alongside Islamic State (RT, Aug 27, 2014):
The United States government is tracking as many as 300 Americans supposedly fighting with Islamic State, the jihadist group with a heavy presence in parts of Syria and Iraq, according to senior US officials.
Washington is worried that radicalized foreign fighters could become a risk to the US if they return to employ skills learned overseas to carry out attacks, anonymous US officials said, according to the Washington Times.
“We know that there are several hundred American passport holders running around with ISIS in Syria or Iraq,” a senior US official said. “It’s hard to tell whether or not they’re in Syria or moved to Iraq.” Continue reading »
- ISIS Just Crossed “The Line” (Zerohedge, Aug 23, 2014):
- Israeli F-16 Missile Attacks Venezuelan Humanitarian Aid Mission in Gaza (Global Research, Aug 21, 2014):
Venezuelan ambassador to Egypt, Juan Antonio Hernandez, said Wednesday that an Israeli aircraft attacked the Venezuelan humanitarian delegation in Rafah along the border post between Egypt and Palestine. The delegation was delivering twelve tons of aid to the Palestinian people. No one was injured during the attack.
The F-16 airplane dropped a missile very close to the humanitarian site, though it did not explode. The ambassador confirmed that the missile fell approximately 50 to 70 meters from the site. Continue reading »
- Dilbert Explains The Tech Bubble With A Cartoon… From 1996 (ZeroHedge, Aug 19, 2014):
It’s never different this time…
- Looting Resumes In Ferguson; Local Police Ordered To Stand Down (ZeroHedge, Aug 16, 2014):
After a day of relative peace, things turned ugly again in Ferguson when shortly after midnight crowds again resorted to looting and vandalism in multiple businesses along West Florissant Ave with the focal point being the QuikTrip convenience store which Mike Brown allegedly robbed. The incidents seemed to gather steam after 12:00am.
According to KTVI, at least 200 St. Louis County Police officers were on scene and helping handle the situation. They confirm the Domino’s Pizza on West Florissant was set fire and burned. They also confirm multiple businesses vandalized and looted. But the shocker happened when county Police told Fox 2 News that its officers were at the Ferguson Market earlier when looters showed up, but were ordered to “Stand down” by Missouri State Highway Patrol incident commanders at the scene and basically withdrew and allowed the looters to have their way with the store.
-A ‘Folksy’ President Obama Reimagined (In 2 Cartoons) (ZeroHedge, Aug 13, 2014):
Accountability… Responsibility… and ‘torturing a few folks’…
Tags: Barack Obama
Tags: Barack Obama