- Second Ebola Patient Arrives In US: Complete Ebola News Summary (Zerohedge, Aug 5, 2014):
All the latest news on the worst Ebola epidemic in history, sourced over the past 24 hours.
- Second Ebola patient to arrive in U.S. on Tuesday
- Saudi Arabia Tests Man Suspected of Having Ebola
- Philippines monitoring 15 Filipinos from West Africa for Ebola
- Emirates, the world’s largest airline by international traffic, is scrapping West African route in response to the deadly Ebola outbreak
- Liberia orders Ebola victims’ bodies to be cremated
- U.S. govt played role in drug given to aid workers
- Results from blood test of Ebola suspect held at Mt Sinai expected in 24 to 48 hours
- Experimental Ebola drug made from tobacco used to treat two infected Americans
- Saudi Arabia Bans Haj Pilgrims From Ebola Hit Countries
- World Bank pledges $200m to fight Ebola
- Ebola has infected public discourse with a new xenophobia
- Development banks, U.S. increase support for Ebola-hit countries
- The best way to treat Ebola patients who return to America
- Latest WHO death toll: 887
- “Ebola Spins Out Of Control” – Latest News Roundup (ZeroHedge, Aug, 4, 2014):
Here are the latest news on the worst Ebola epidemic in history.
- Ebola death toll rises to 826 as outbreak spins out of control
- Second American with Ebola to return Tuesday
- Doctor in Nigeria’s largest city of Lagos tests positive for Ebola after treating country’s first case
- Ebola threatens to erase Liberia’s progress since civil war
- U.K. is holding regular meetings on Ebola
- WHO sees “extremely small” Ebola risk outside West Africa
- U.S. Ebola patient improving amid calls for help in Africa
- Ebola test carried out after U.K. air passenger death
- Official response hampered by worries in Liberia capital
- Ebola crisis alters agenda for African summit in Washington
- Guinea villagers keep eating fruit bats
The latest infographic: Continue reading »
- Nigerian Doctor Who Treated American Ebola Casualty, Contracts Virus; Troops Deployed In Liberia (ZeroHedge, Aug, 4, 2014):
The Lagos doctor who treated American Patrick Sawyer (who died from Ebola in late July) has been confirmed as infected by the deadly virus by Nigerian authorities. This is Nigeria’s second confirmed case of Ebola but what is most concerning is the fact that the doctor’s infection suggests contagion is less well-contained that authorities have claimed – especially in light of the fact that they did not quarantine Sawyer’s fellow passengers. Nigeria is now the fourth nation to report Ebola cases, as Sierra Leone and Liberia are deploying hundreds of troops under an emergency plan to “contain” the worst outbreak of Ebola virus in history. Continue reading »
- New York Hospital Testing Sick Patient For Ebola, ABC Reports (ZeroHedge, Aug, 4, 2014):
NYC's Mount Sinai Hospital testing sickened patient who recently returned from a country where Ebola has been reported – @ABCNewsHealth
— ABC News (@ABC) August 4, 2014
A patient at Mount Sinai hospital is being tested after traveling to a country where the Ebola virus is present, the hospital said in a statement.
The man arrived at Mount Sinai’s emergency room early Monday morning with high fever and gastrointestinal symptoms.
The man told doctors he had recently traveled to a West African country where Ebola is present, the hospital said.
The man has been placed in “strict isolation” and is undergoing various tests to determine the cause of the symptoms, the hospital said.
All appropriate steps to keep patients, staff and visitors safe are being taken, the hospital said.
- Tennessee Doctor In Self-Quarantine On Return From Liberia Ebola Hotspot (ZeroHedge, Aug, 3, 2014):
A Tennessee doctor, working at the same Liberian clinic as Dr. Kent Brantly – the Ebola-infected American who was flown to Atlanta yesterday for treatment – has placed himself in quarantine as a “precaution for [his] family.” As ABC reports, Alan Jamison, a retired pediatrician, returned home to Morristown, Tenn., after he was evacuated from Liberia by the aid group he was volunteering for, says he’s “feeling well” and showing no sign of symptoms; and claims since landing in the US, he said he’s had no physical contact with anyone. As Mark St.Cyr notes, the Ebola virus which has been separated from the U.S. populace by the fortune of geological positioning has not only arrived on our doorstep, but was flown in deliberately on its own personal G5. Many are asking questions of; why? But perhaps the more crucial question is ‘what if?’ The what if question was this: “What if they need to bring them back because they had no choice? What if the reason they need to get them into better facilities is for the worst of all reasons? i.e., It’s already here.”
Gov’t Report: Over 1,750 navy sailors suffer from ‘ill-defined conditions’ after exposure to Fukushima radiation while aboard USS Reagan — ‘Significant increases’ in male infertility and child birth complications — Dozens have thyroid disorders, many spontaneous abortions — Veteran: ‘Extreme measures’ used to cover this up
- Gov’t Report: Over 1,750 navy sailors suffer from ‘ill-defined conditions’ after exposure to Fukushima radiation while aboard USS Reagan — ‘Significant increases’ in male infertility and child birth complications — Dozens have thyroid disorders, many spontaneous abortions — Veteran: ‘Extreme measures’ used to cover this up (AUDIO) (ENENews, Aug 3, 2014)
- Why did the U.S. Government patent the Ebola virus in 2009? (Intellihub, Aug 3, 2014)
- Why does the CDC own a patent on Ebola ‘invention?’ (Natural News, Aug 3, 2014)
- The Fukushima Health Crisis (CounterPunch, Aug 1-3, 2014):
Over 3 years since the Fukushima nuclear disaster, there is virtually no health research being conducted or released on harm to the Japanese. An April report by a UN committee tried to sweep the issue under the rug, predicting any harmful effects of the catastrophe is “unlikely.” Continue reading »
- The Great Culling: Our Water Official (Full Documentary)
- First Ever Ebola Case On US Soil As Patient Lands In Atlanta; CDC Urges Calm – Live Feed (ZeroHedge, Aug 2, 2014):
A plane carrying Dr. Kent Brantly, the American doctor who contracted Ebola while treating patients in West Africa, landed at Dobbins Air Reserve Base in Marietta, Georgia, at around 11am this morning – the first ever case of Ebola on US soil. He is being escorted to Emory Hospital under police escort. His colleague Nancy Writebol will arrive later on a separate flight as the planes are equipped to deal with one quarantined patient at a time. As ABC reports, both are listed in “serious but stable condition.” The CDC’s director explained the infected patients pose little risk to others, adding “these are American citizens. American citizens have a right of return. I certainly hope people’s fear doesn’t trump their compassion.” What is perhaps raising that fear among Americans (and frankly the world after yesterday’s WHO warning of “high risks of spread to other countries”) is the fact that, as Reuters reports, more than 100 health workers fighting Ebola have contracted it themselves.
“Fluoride causes more human cancer, and causes it faster, than any other chemical.”
– Dean Burk, Chief Chemist Emeritus, US National Cancer Institute
- The Great Culling: Our Water Official (Full Documentary):
YouTube Added: Mar 22, 2013
- Natural News exclusive: Fluoride used in U.S. water supplies found contaminated with lead, tungsten, strontium, aluminum and uranium (Natural News, July 29, 2014):
The sodium fluoride added to U.S. water supplies is contaminated with the toxic elements lead, tungsten and aluminum, a Natural News Forensic Food Labs investigation has revealed. Strontium and uranium were also found in substantial quantities in some samples, raising additional questions about the purity of industrial fluoride used for water fluoridation.
These ICP-MS results, shown below, were determined with the very same ICP-MS laboratory instrumentation used by the FDA and various universities. Mike Adams, director of the lab and one of the world’s leading researchers into heavy metals contamination of foods, conducted the research.
Research summary and results
- Ebola outbreak may already be uncontrollable; Monsanto invests in Ebola treatment drug company as pandemic spreads (Natural News, July 29, 2014):
A global outbreak of deadly Ebola is underway and has crossed national borders. One infected victim of the horrifying disease flew on international flights, vomiting on board and exposing hundreds of people to the deadly virus which can be transmitted through airborne particles. Ebola has an 8-10 day incubation period, meaning thousands of people could be carrying it right now and spreading it across the cities of the world without even knowing it.
Passengers in Hong Kong and the UK have already shown symptoms of the disease and are being tested, reports USA Today. (2) The Peace Corps has evacuated its volunteers from the region after two were exposed to Ebola. (3)
“Expert claims panic over death of U.S. man in Nigeria is ‘justified’” reports the Daily Mail. (1) “He warned the spread of Ebola could become a global pandemic.” Continue reading »
- Dr Krüger: Glyphosate Increases Birth Defects in Piglets (GMO Evidence, July 28, 2014):
Glyphosate has been found in malformed piglets. The research study was conducted by a team of researchers from Germany and Egypt in collaboration with the Danish pig farmer Ib Pedersen, whose pigs were analysed for glyphosate content.The rate of malformations increased to one out of 260 born piglets if sow feeds contained 0.87-1.13 ppm glyphosate in the first 40 days of pregnancy. In the case of 0.25 ppm glyphosate in sow feeds, one out of 1432 piglets was malformed. In this case, therefore, a higher dose of glyphosate led to more malformations.
The piglets showed different abnormalities, including ear atrophy, spinal and cranial deformations, hole in the skull, and leg atrophy. In one piglet, one eye was not developed; it had a single large one (cyclopia, a malformation observed in Argentine populations exposed to Roundup spraying). There were piglets without a trunk, with an “elephant tongue”, and a female piglet with testes. One malformed piglet had a swollen belly and the foregut and hindgut were not connected. Continue reading »
- Alleged Glyphosate Poisoning Leaves 2 Children Dead in Paraguay (Sustainable Pulse, July 23, 2014):
A deadly combination of the excessive use of Glyphosate herbicide on GM soybean crops and inaction by local doctors has allegedly left two children dead and 33 people (including 18 children) with poisoning symptoms in the Canindeyú region of Paraguay.
3-year-old Adelaida Alvarez died suddenly on Monday morning at home while her family was preparing to take her to the hospital, and her sister Adela Alvarez (6 months) died on Tuesday after being discharged from the Curuguaty Hospital.
The sudden poisoning outbreak in the Huber Duré settlement has left locals and the authorities shocked and the two children’s bodies have been sent to the Paraguayan capital Asunción for detailed autopsies. Continue reading »
- 20 Practical Uses for Coca Cola… Proof That Coke Does Not Belong In the Human Body (Prevent Disease, Nov 6, 2013):
Coke is the most valuable brand in history and “Coca-Cola” is the world’s second-most recognized word after “hello.” However, the beverage itself is an absolute poison to the human metabolism. Coke is very close to the acidity level of battery acid and consequently it can clean surfaces equivalent to and often better than many toxic household cleaners.
It’s cheaper and easier to buy Coke in some third world countries than it is to access clean water. Coke uses “public relations propaganda” to convince consumers and entire nations that it is an “environmental company” when really it is linked to pollution, water shortages, and disease. Continue reading »
- How deadly Ebola has spread across the globe: Health officials try to trace 30,000 linked to death of US victim – as Nigerian film star sparks outrage by fleeing Africa first-class in an Ebola mask (Daily Mail, July 30, 2014):
- Hong Kong woman quarantined when she fell ill after returning from Kenya
- Expert claims panic over death of U.S. man in Nigeria is ‘justified’
- He warned the spread of Ebola could become a global pandemic
- Health campaigners petition U.S. drug authorities to fast-track potential cure
- Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond declares disease is ‘very serious threat’
- He will chair an emergency meeting on how to boost defences
- British airlines are also on ‘red alert’ for cases of the deadly virus
- Man with ‘feverish’ symptoms tested for deadly Ebola at Birmingham hospital
- He had travelled into Midlands from Benin, Nigeria via France when he fell ill
- Charing Cross Hospital staff also feared man had Ebola symptoms this week
- No cases have been confirmed in UK but 672 people have died in West Africa
- Warning issued to GPs, A&E departments and all NHS trusts across the UK
- Symptoms include high fever, bleeding and damage to the nervous system
Fears of a global Ebola pandemic are ‘justified’ an expert has said as Nigerian health officials try to trace 30,000 people at risk of contracting the deadly disease following the death of Patrick Sawyer.
The U.S. citizen boarded a flight in Liberia carrying the disease to Nigeria, potentially infecting ‘anyone on the same plane’. Continue reading »
- HuffPost: GMOs have never been proven safe (Natural News, July 29, 2014):
Proponents of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) often proclaim that the technology has been fully vetted in terms of human safety, and that anyone objecting to the continued unlabeled use of GMOs in the food supply is somehow dredging up unfounded conspiracy theories. But the truth of the matter is that GMOs have never been proven safe in humans, as no long-term safety studies involving humans have ever taken place.
The biotechnology industry rarely divulges this fact, instead flooding media reports with pejorative attacks on anyone who questions official GMO dogma. GMOs are completely safe, claims the industry, because our science says so. Never mind that short-term corporate studies involving only animals constitute the vast majority of what is held up as solid evidence that GMOs are safe for humans to eat — if you question GMO safety, you are anti-science, the industry purports. Continue reading »
- Double mastectomies offer almost no survival benefit for breast cancer patients, 20-year study proves (Natural News, July 30, 2014):
Western medicine is so aggressive and cut-throat that even the idea of prevention has been skewed to the point of chopping off and cutting out body parts for “preventing” cancer that isn’t even there.
Fear and self-mutilation are not the answer. Today in American mainstream medicine, women are given the option to remove healthy breasts, ovaries and other female parts so cancer won’t get a hold of them in the future. This is like preventing house fires by first burning out important internal structures that might catch fire one day.
Virtually no survival benefit for women who underwent “preventive” mastectomies
- Canadian Doctor Quarantines Himself Over Ebola Fears After Returning From Liberia (ZeroHedge, July 29, 2014):
Earlier today we wondered, rhetorically, if the CDC was wrong when it stated, with confidence, that there is “little risk” for the Ebola virus to leave the African continent, and cross the Atlantic, landing in North America. We may have gotten the official refutation less than 6 hours later, when moments ago Canada’s CTV reported that a Canadian doctor is in self-imposed quarantine after spending nearly a month in West Africa treating patients in the deadly Ebola outbreak that has claimed nearly 700 lives. “Dr. Azaria Marthyman of Victoria, B.C. was among a handful of Canadian health-care workers who traveled to Liberia, where the Ebola epidemic is currently raging. He was part of a North American team from the Christian relief organization Samaritan’s Purse.” This is the same charity organization whose two US citizen members were previously reported to have caught the virus. Continue reading »
- Record growth of organic food consumption in the U.S. and India (Natural News, July 27, 2014):
There has been record growth in sales of organic, non-GMO food in some of the world’s largest produce markets, a good thing for consumers and advocates of clean, wholesome, non-bioengineered commodities.
In the United States, the value of the organic foods market in 2013 exceeded $35 billion for the very first time, an increase of nearly 12 percent from the previous year, according to Eileen Bentley, small business and prepared foods manager at Bord Bia, the Irish Food Board. Continue reading »
- 2,500 Ground Zero workers have cancer (New York Post, July 27, 2104):
More than 2,500 Ground Zero rescuers and responders have come down with cancer, and a growing number are seeking compensation for their illnesses, The Post has learned.
The grim toll has skyrocketed from the 1,140 cancer cases reported last year.
In its latest tally, the World Trade Center Health Program at Mount Sinai Hospital counts 1,655 responders with cancer among the 37,000 cops, hard hats, sanitation workers, other city employees and volunteers it monitors, officials told The Post.
The tragic sum rises to 2,518 when firefighters and EMTs are added. The FDNY, which has its own WTC health program, said Friday it counts 863 members with cancers certified for 9/11-related treatment. Continue reading »
- Second US Citizen Infected With Ebola In Liberia, Which Shuts Down Borders To Slow Epidemic (ZeroHedge, July 27, 2014):
Update, one which many will say has been long overdue: Liberia Shuts Border Crossings to Slow Ebola Spread. From Bloomberg:
- Liberia Shuts Border Crossings to Slow Ebola Spread: Allafrica
- Only major border crossings at Roberts International Airport, James Spriggs Payne Airport, Foya Crossing, Bo Waterside Crossing, Ganta Crossing to remain open, AllAfrica.com says, citing Liberian govt statement.
- At those entry points, testing centers to be set up; “stringent” preventive measures to be announced
- New travel policy by Liberia Airport Authority on inspection, testing of all passengers to be strictly observed Continue reading »
- ALERT: Delivered By Airplane: Ebola Now Threatens 21 Million People In Major Metro Area (SHFT Plan, July 27, 2014):
In January the U.S.-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that the next plane could bring a pandemic.
At the time, they were referring to highly contagious strains of deadly flu virus, but in reality any killer virus could travel around the globe in less than a day.
In March we warned that the deadly Ebola virus, which kills upwards of 85% of its victims, was spreading at an alarming pace in West Africa. It was so serious that governments in the region had locked down their borders. The following month in April, officials in the U.S. and Canada were alerted that the virus may have made its way to North America, though no follow-up information was provided after the initial report. Then, just last month, the World Health Organization issued a dire warning – Ebola could go global. Continue reading »
- Runaway Ebola-Infected Woman Dies As US Doctor Tests Positive For Virus (ZeroHedge, July 27, 2014):
It continues to go from bad to worse for Africa’s “deadliest ever” Ebola epidemic which has officially claimed well over 600 lives, and unofficially many more.
Following the death of a Liberian government worker two days ago who collapsed in the international airport of Nigeria’s 20-million megacity, Lagos which resulted in a “red alert” Nigeria clamping down into a quasi-quarantine state, sending specialists to airports and seaports fo containment, overnight we got an update on the other major Ebola story from last week, namely the female patient whose family broke her out of a hospital in Sierra Leone’s capital Freetown, and who had been on the loose of several days, leading to a nationwide hunt. She has passed away, dying in an ambulance on the way to hospital, Reuters reports. Continue reading »
- Following First Ebola Death Nigeria “On Red Alert”, Deploys Specialists To Airports For Containment (ZeroHedge, July 26, 2014):
Shortly after our report yesterday that the Liberian man suspected of carrying the Ebola virus has died while quarantined in Nigeria, the local health ministry confirmed that he was indeed the first confirmed Ebola death in the Nigerian city of Lagos, which with a population of roughly 20 million, is the largest city in Africa and the fourth largest in the world. The victim, who worked for the Liberian government, collapsed at Lagos international airport after arriving on a flight from Monrovia via the Togolese capital Lome on Tuesday, according to the Nigerian government. And now the “red alert” scramble begins in Nigeria, with a population fo 170 million, to isolate who else the deceased may have come in contact with. And while borders have not yet been closed, health specialists have been deployed to all sea ports and international airports to identify any passengers displaying symptoms associated with Ebola.