- Journal: “Fukushima has an Ongoing Melt-Out” — “Is this not the worst possible outcome?” — “Nuclear fuel mixing with groundwater and leaking into sea” — “Disaster never seen in human history and imagined only in movies” — Tokyo Newspaper: “A situation in which massive accidents occur daily” (ENENews, April 24, 2014):
Syndic Literary Journal No. 10, by poet Taki Yuriko and translated by John Saxon, Dec. 2013:
Excerpts from ‘Fukushima has an Ongoing Melt-Out’
- On March 11, 2011, Pandora’s Box was opened.
- TEPCO reports, “1000 tons of groundwater Flow daily into the reactor structure. Half the contaminated water is Pumped into land tanks, but Half leaks out to sea”
- In short, Melted nuclear fuel has accumulated In the reactor bottom – Meltdown.
- But now it has breached the reactor bottom, Leaking out of the containment vessel – Melt-through.
- Containment vessels have at least two openings, An entrance for ground water and An exit for contaminated water. Nuclear fuel mixing With the ground water and Leaking into the sea – Melt-out!
- Is this not The worst possible outcome?
- But they deliberately hide the danger, Removing key terms from their reports.
- With the kind of disaster Never seen in human history and Imagined only in movies, Why is there no clear admission?
- The Japanese government says it can retire these plants within forty years. But only if robots can be developed in ten years To replace the human workers And determine where the problem is Inside the highly radioactive reactor. “Where the problem is?!”
- It’s the “hole” through which the Melted nuclear fuel is leaking! Why don’t they SAY THAT?!