Mühlhausen in Thüringen – Prozess um Gruppenvergewaltigung: “Jeder hat mich drei Mal vergewaltigt” https://t.co/7IPwbbVn9p
— FOCUS Online (@focusonline) June 20, 2017
On 27 August 2016 Laura G., a 28-year-old Hungarian living in Mühlhausen, Germany was violently gang-raped by three Eritreans. On her way home, she was grabbed by 23-year-old Isaac N. and told:”we’re going to have sex now.” Laura refused, but Isaac hit her in the face, knocking her to the ground. Nevertheless, she managed to get away from him, only to be intercepted by 29-year-old Medhanie A. and 22-year-old Dawit T.
The men dragged Laura under the viaduct, where all three took turns raping her. During her ordeal, Laura’s mouth was kept shut by the attackers “to prevent her from screaming”, as the prosecutor stated in court at the time. He further described the gang rape as ‘brutal’.
On Monday, 19 June 2017 Laura’s ordeal had finally made it to the courtroom for the trial and it was her turn to give a statement. Laura identified all three of the accused as the men who raped her, saying:
“Every one of them has assaulted me thrice“
In her testimony to court, that took multiple hours, she recounted how they took turns, almost like they were working her over in shifts. She was pushed, beaten, kicked and pulled by the hair. Against her will and without using protection, she was abused vaginally, anally and orally.
She also talked about how she tried to get away from her attackers to call for help on her mobile phone and how her phone was taken away. How one of the accused, near the end of the assault, filmed her rape with her own phone. After that, her testimony was interrupted, to be continued on the 18th of July.
The story of one of the defendants was completely different. “I was quite drunk, because of the carnival that was in town and I just slept with her once,” one of the accused, identified only as a 23-year-old, said.
According to themselves, the other two men were ten meters away. They had already said, at the start of the trial, that they were at home at the night in question, and went to bed early.
The Public Prosecutor, however, charges them with joint rape and inflicting bodily harm. After the rape, they’ve left the scene, alone or in pairs.
“To make the victim more pliable, they are said to have beaten her, strangled her and to have kept her mouth shut. The charges are based on the victim’s testimony, but also on DNA-traces of the men found on the woman.“
Continuation of the trial is planned for 11 July.
H/t reader kevin a.
* * *