A a no-fly zone over Syria is an act of war.
You might as well directly declare war on Syria & Russia.
War with Russia, anybody?
Senator John McCain is the biggest warmonger on the planet, next to Hillary Clinton of course.
Ironically, McCain has an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal today that proclaims Stop Assad Now—Or Expect Years of War.
Like Hillary who wants a no-fly zone over Syria, McCain says “Ground the regime’s air force, create safe zones for Syrian civilians, and arm the opposition.”
McCain: America’s intrepid secretary of state has now taken the meaningless step of suspending talks with Russia over Syria. Meanwhile, Mr. Assad and Mr. Putin are creating military facts on the ground in Syria that will enable them to dictate the terms of a peace secured by carnage. They have decimated coalition-backed Syrian groups, slaughtered countless civilians, consolidated the Syrian regime’s hold on power, and even struck a United Nations humanitarian-aid convoy. And they have done all of this with no consequences. Thus the war grinds on.
- Mish: Dear Senator, how many innocent civilians were slaughtered in Iraq in a needless war you sponsored? How many in Afghanistan? How many innocent victims has US drone policy killed? And for that matter, how many innocent people have died in Syria because the US backed Al Qaeda terrorists? Can we please have an accounting?
McCain: While the U.S.-led coalition is making progress in the fight against Islamic State, we cannot forget this terrorist organization is a symptom of the Syrian civil war. The future of that conflict will have significant strategic impact on U.S. national security.
- Mish: Dear Senator, need I remind you that ISIS is a direct result of US policy in Iraq. Even former UK prime minister Tony Blair Admits Responsibility. And you know what else Senator? Saudi Arabia is the biggest support of ISIS. And it was Saudi Nationals that attacked the US in 911, not Iraqis.
McCain: Any alternative approach must begin with grounding Mr. Assad’s air power. It is a strategic advantage that enables the Assad regime to perpetuate the conflict through the wanton slaughter of innocent Syrians.
- Mish: Dear Senator, the correct alternative approach is not to get in bed with Hillary, but to stop meddling in the first place. Where are your crocodile tears for millions slaughtered in Africa? Is the difference oil by any chance? Oil that gives Saudi Arabia enough money to buy hundreds of billions of dollars worth of US military equipment?
McCain: If Russia continues its indiscriminate bombing, we should make clear that we will take steps to hold its aircraft at greater risk. And we must create safe zones for Syrian civilians and do what is necessary to protect them against violations by Mr. Assad, Mr. Putin and extremist forces.
- Mish: Dear Senator, were you remotely paying attention to what the chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, General Joseph Dunford, told the Senate armed services committee just a few days ago? “For us to control all of the air space in Syria, would require us to go to war, against Syria and Russia. That’s a pretty fundamental decision I am not willing to make.” My suspicion is you were paying attention and you want a war with Russia just as you wanted the wars in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. On the off chance you were sleeping when General Joseph Dunford said a no-fly zone might mean war with Russia, please check out Syria Spotlight: US Suspends Talks with Russia – What’s Really Going On?
McCain: Now is the time for a new strategy—including the necessary military component—that can achieve this more realistic objective. This will undoubtedly entail greater costs. But the alternative is far from cost-free: It is the continuation, for years and years, of terror, tragedy, slaughter, refugees, and a war in the heart of the Middle East that will continue to threaten the U.S. and destabilize the world.
- Mish: Dear Senator, we certainly do need a new strategy. We need to mind our own business, just as New Zealand and Switzerland do. We cannot afford to be the world’s policeman. Speaking of which, how the heck do you propose to pay for this? In addition to being a perpetual warmonger, you are a perpetual deficit spending hypocrite.
Dear Senator, You and Hillary Are the Problem
Dear Senator McClain, our national security is threatened by you, your policies, and your soulmate, Hillary Clinton.
Neither of you have seen a war prospect you did not support. Both of you are totally clueless about blowbacks from meddling.
Dangerous Person Award
Hillary Clinton is the Most Dangerous Person On the Planet Today.
Why? The simple explanation is she is committed to carrying out the policies espoused by Senator McCain.
* * *