Original article in German:
– Vermögen von 3000 Richtern wird beschlagnahmt (Die Welt):
Konten, Immobilien, Autos: Von mehr als 3000 suspendierten Richtern und Staatsanwälten soll das Vermögen beschlagnahmt werden. Nun warnt selbst Oppositionschef Kilicdaroglu vor einer “Hexenjagd”.
After the failed coup, the Turkish prosecutor wants to seize the personal assets of more than 3000 suspended judges and prosecutors.
Affected are 3049 judges and prosecutors with alleged links to the movement of the preacher Fethullah Gülen, whose arrest had already been arranged, as the state news agency Anadolu reported on Thursday evening.
The lawyers are already released from their duties. are to be confiscated, among other properties, bank accounts and vehicles. The government blames the people living in the US Gülen for the attempted coup of 15 July. According to the authorities on Wednesday were more than 1,600 judges and prosecutors in pre-trial detention. The government accuses the Gülen movement, to have the state infiltrated. Gülen was said in the past, great influence in the justice sector.
Green Party leader Cem Özdemir denounced the closure of more than 100 media organizations in Turkey. “From press freedom one can no longer speak in Turkey” Özdemir told the ” Rheinische Post “. “This has also for the co-existence in Germany impact when disseminated through Erdogan leaves and TV stations, we would support terrorists or even responsible for terrorist attacks such as the IS-stop in Istanbul.”
The Turkish opposition leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu of the secular center-left party CHP warned Erdogan against a “witch hunt against the innocent.” “Journalists will arrest our democracy harm”, he told the “Bild” newspaper . Despite criticism Kilicdaroglou defended at the same time, the crackdown on Gülen movement and sees this behind the coup attempt. “There are strong indications that parts of these stuck together with individual military behind the coup.”
Opposition leader calls for more criticism from Merkel to Erdogan
President Recep Tayyip Erdogan must however be criticized harder he demanded. “Not only Mrs Merkel, but all EU institutions can more clearly and more loudly oppose the undemocratic manners.”
With the recent decree Erdogan the closure of three news agencies, 16 television stations, 23 radio stations, 45 newspapers, 15 magazines, 29 publishing houses and press distributors was arranged. By the same decree also 1684 officers were dishonorably discharged from the armed forces, of which 149 are in the rank of general.
The Turkish army chief Hulusi Akar, however remains in office. This previously made by the SCAF decision was approved Erdogan, his spokesman Ibrahim Kalin said the evening. Akar was captured two weeks ago by the coup, but was later released.
Despite the turmoil of the EU’s refugee agreement with Turkey is not at risk according to estimates by Enlargement Commissioner Johannes Hahn. “The wave of refugees has stopped,” he said the “Sueddeutsche Zeitung” (Friday). “That should say confidently Europe. Today, it is important that we help Turkey to shoulder the financial burden of three million refugees.”
Army: 99 Supreme were transported
As part of the “realignment” of the army 99 Supreme are promoted to generals or admirals. As the military on Friday also announced that 48 generals were retires.
At the head of the armed forces there after the failed coup attempt, however, hardly changes. The Chief of the Armed Forces, Hulusi Akar, as well as the commanders of the army, navy and air force remained in their jobs, as Erdogan’s spokesman announced on Thursday night.
Before chaired by Prime Minister Binali Yildirim meeting with the senior commanders nearly 1,700 military personnel had been dismissed in disgrace for alleged involvement in the coup attempt in mid-July. These included about 40 percent of the generals and admirals.
* * *