- Alexandra Mezher, 22, fatally stabbed at migrant centre where she worked
- Her family, who are originally from Lebanon, described her as ‘an angel’
- Boy aged 15 living at the centre has been arrested on suspicion of murder
- Incident comes as Swedish police demand more resources to stem rising violence in the country which they say is linked to the migrant crisis
- Number of Swedish women have reported being assaulted by migrants
A 15-year-old asylum seeker living in a refugee centre in Sweden has been arrested on suspicion of murder after an employee at the shelter was fatally stabbed.
Alexandra Mezher, 22, was attacked today at around 8am at a centre for unaccompanied migrant children aged between 14 and 17 in Molndal, on Sweden’s west coast.
She was taken to Sahlgrenska Hospital but later died of her injuries.
The incident as a number of young girls said they had been sexually assaulted by young male asylum seekers at a public swimming pool in central Stockholm – while police have warned the city’s train station is ‘overrun’ by gangs of young, male migrants who are stealing and ‘groping’ women.