– Thousands are left without power after ferocious storms and flooding hit Pacific Northwest:
- The record-breaking storms opened sinkholes in several major roads, caused rivers to spill over their banks and closed roads and schools for a third day in the worst-hit areas across the region
- Outside Tacoma, Washington, emergency officials rescued several people who were swept into the swollen Puyallup River overnight on Wednesday from a bankside homeless encampment, police said
- A 60-year-old Portland woman died when a tree fell on her house, according to the city’s fire department
- Puget Sound Energy, a utility that serves Seattle, reported that 37,000 customers were without electricity on Wednesday morning
- Storms have also left 26,000 customers without power in the Portland area, utility Portland General Electric said
Tags: flash flood, Flood, Global News, Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Leave a Reply