Photos and video here:
- Thousands of masked anti-capitalist demonstrators descended on central London for a Bonfire Night protest
- Video footage taken shows activist smashing up flaming police car while wearing jacket worth hundreds of pounds
- They also tried to target Buckingham Palace, launching bottles, cones and fireworks at mounted police outside
- At least 50 people have been arrested and four police officers have been taken to hospital with injuries
- Anonymous, the anarchist hacking group behind the march, told those taking part, ‘police are not your friends’
- Do you know the protester in the pricey Colmar jacket? Call 0203 615 1265 or email email@example.com
Thousands of protesters wearing sinister Guy Fawkes masks brought chaos to the streets of London last night.
Hundreds of anarchists were held back by police outside Buckingham Palace. They aimed fireworks at the police horses and also tried to dazzle them with laser pointers.
Another group targeted the UK premiere of the new Hunger Games film in Leicester Square, moments after Hollywood stars including Jennifer Lawrence and Julianne Moore had walked the red carpet.
Meanwhile, one anarchist was filmed smashing up a flaming police car – while wearing a Colmar ski jacket that cost around £475.
Elsewhere, officers were forced to brandish their batons after clashes turned violent as the vandals marauded through the streets, setting off smoke bombs and daubing graffiti. A total of 50 people have been arrested and at least three officers have been taken to hospital with injuries.