US sailors in ‘full protection gear’ (Japanese style) when USS Ronald Reagan Radiation Levels On March 13, 2011 Were 370,000,000 Bq/cm3
(More information down below.)
– Attorney for US Navy Sailors: Third death from exposure to Fukushima fallout — Baby with brain cancer has died — Reporters afraid to publish stories related to case — Professor: USS Reagan sailors were first people to be hit by plume outside of plant (VIDEOS) (ENENews, July 26, 2015):
Attorney Charles Bonner, representing US service members exposed to Fukushima fallout, Jul 21, 2015 (at 10:45 in): We now have a 250+ young sailors with all kinds of illnesses, we’ve had three die. We had one of the sailors who came home and impregnated his wife. They gave birth to a little baby born with brain cancer and cancer down the spine, lived for two years, and just died in March of this year.
Q&A with Charles Bonner, Jul 21, 2015 (at 4:45 in): I was just interviewed by some reporter about this case, he said, “Now, I want to interview you about this case and the current status of your lawsuit — but, you all have won, so do I have anything to worry about? Do I have to look over my shoulder if I do this story, if I publish this story?” I said, “Yeah you do.” Because trillions of dollars do not go away easily. It’s amazing that people are afraid to even do a story on this because they’re afraid of these corporations.
Kyle Cleveland, sociologist at Temple University’s Japan Campus, published Apr 29, 2015 (at 2:00 in): Like everyone else we were seeing what was on the media. The media was very alarmist, and I think ironically, some of what were taken as an overreaction or a panic in the first couple of weeks of the crisis subsequently have been vindicated to be in some ways quite reasonable claims and worries as more information have been revealed, as gov’t reports have been written… Those reports have demonstrated that the situation was really quite more serious at the time than certainly what the government was saying, and certainly what TEPCO was saying at the time. My starting point for my research was looking into the government’s FOIA documents. I was very surprised to see that there is a big difference within the United States government as they were trying to determine just how bad this was. And what I realized in those documents is that the Nuclear Regulatory Commission… was recommending a 50-mile (80 km)exclusionary zone. This was an stark contrast to the Japanese government’s recommendation of 30 km. And also I was very interested to see that the the US Navy Pacific Command and particularly naval reactors, was recommending a 200-mile exclusionary zone. So that’s a rather profound gap between 30 kilometers on the one hand with the Japanese government 80 km from the NRC [and] something like over 300 km for the US Navy… But ironically aside from the staff at the Daiichi plant maybe some at the very first people who were hit by the radioactive plume were sailors who run the United States Ronald Reagan Carrier Strike Group… They detected the plume at about 132 miles distance from the Daiichi plant. The FOIA documents… demonstrate that these government officials… were very concerned about the levels that they were reading. They were indicating that they were about 30 times above background levels, and that they would exceed a ‘protective action guideline’ criteria within about a 10 hour period… The reason the US Navy had recommended a 200-mile exclusionary zone was that the Yokosuka naval base is about a 163 miles from the Daiichi plant… at the same time that the Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier was detecting the nuclear plume, the George Washington aircraft carrier which was ported down near Yokosuka was also detecting a plume and the result that they were getting were really quite alarming to them.
– USS Ronald Reagan sailors suffer strange deformities after Fukushima exposure — “Testicles swell to size of tennis balls” after pants trigger radiation alarms — “Her arm swelled up, hand looked like baseball mitt”
– Doctor ‘removed 6 thyroids in recent months’ from USS Reagan crew exposed to Fukushima fallout – ‘Over 500 sailors ill after mission in Japan’ – Officer: ‘There’s sick soldiers everywhere, many in hospitals in San Diego or Hawaii … I don’t know what’s going on’ – Veteran in wheelchair thrown out by physician, ‘You’re faking, you need to leave’
– Emotional Interview With USS Ronald Reagan Sailor Suffering After Fukushima Exposure: Others With Same Symptoms ‘Told To Be Quiet … Nobody’s Heard From Them’ – Health Is Worsening, Worried I’m Going To Die – Can’t Really Use Legs Or Arms, Hands ‘Barely Functional’ – Rashes All Over Body, Spasms, Shaking – Doctors Tell Us ‘It’s All Psychological’
– USS Ronald Reagan Sailor’s Skin Inflamed while Carrying American Flag Exposed To Fukushima Plume – ‘Whole left side’ of body affected – ‘They immediately stripped clothes off, hosed him down … it became an extreme emergency’
“(Soldiers are) dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy.”
– Henry Kissinger (as quoted in Woodward and Bernstein’s “The Final Days”, ch. 14)
– USS Ronald Reagan Navy Officers: “My body is falling apart” after Japan rescue mission, his right side “just didn’t work” — Another “can no longer use his legs” and unable to urinate — If 300 times normal radiation is OK, I don’t know what to tell you
– USS Ronald Reagan Sailors Had Radioactive Snow Ball Fights Off Fukushima – Crew ‘Pretty Well Toast’ After Weeks On Pacific … Significant Cancers, Incessant Bleeding From Anus Or Vagina, Blindness – Debris From USS Reagan Sent To Hanford Nuclear Waste Site
– Fukushima Cover-Up Exposed: Former MSNBC host told not to warn people about Fukushima meltdowns: ‘The official gov’t position is that it’s safe’ – ‘Now go explain that to people who served on the USS Ronald Reagan’