– Second US Citizen Infected With Ebola In Liberia, Which Shuts Down Borders To Slow Epidemic (ZeroHedge, July 27, 2014):
Update, one which many will say has been long overdue: Liberia Shuts Border Crossings to Slow Ebola Spread. From Bloomberg:
- Liberia Shuts Border Crossings to Slow Ebola Spread: Allafrica
- Only major border crossings at Roberts International Airport, James Spriggs Payne Airport, Foya Crossing, Bo Waterside Crossing, Ganta Crossing to remain open, AllAfrica.com says, citing Liberian govt statement.
- At those entry points, testing centers to be set up; “stringent” preventive measures to be announced
- New travel policy by Liberia Airport Authority on inspection, testing of all passengers to be strictly observed
- There will be restrictions on public gatherings incl. solidarity marches, demonstrations
- Hotels, restaurants, entertainment centers, video clubs to play 5-min. film on Ebola awareness, prevention
- Govt vehicles to be commandeered, as needed, to support health delivery system
- All govt facilities, public places to install/provide public access for hand-washing
* * *
It was a few short hours ago when we reported that as part of the escalating Ebola epidemic in West Africa a US doctor, Kent Brantly had himself succumbed to the deadly virus. Moments ago we found out that a second US doctor from the same aid organization in Liberia, Nancy Writebol, has been infected with Ebola.