– It’s On: Gazprom Prepares “Symbolic” Bond Issue In Chinese Yuan (ZeroHedge, April 10, 2014):
Curious what the fate of the petrodollar is? Look no farther than this Interfax update blasted moments ago by Bloomberg: “Gazprom Considers ‘Symbolic’ Yuan Bond Issue, Interfax Says.”
Bloomberg adds that the gas giant is considering proposals from potential organizers to market bonds in yuan, Interfax reports, citing people with knowledge of the matter.
- Gazprom unlikely be able to gain more than $300m due to mkt volume, newswire reports
- No mandates, deal timeline yet
- Issue may add new investors, become a “topical” public relations act amid tensions with U.S., EU
Well, yes. It’s called “symbolic” for a reason. More importantly, it is a symbol of what happens when one can “create” money de novo without the presence of the world’s increasingly defunct reserve currency, either secured by gas or by future cash flows, i.e., unsecured.
- Petrodollar Alert: Putin Prepares To Announce “Holy Grail” Gas Deal With China
- Russia And China About To Sign “Holy Grail” Gas Deal
- 40 Central Banks Are Betting This Will Be The Next Reserve Currency
… and the New New Normal flow of funds will suddenly become clear –
- Gazprom delivering gas to China.
- China Gazprom paying in Yuan (convertible into Rubles)
- Gazprom funding itself increasingly in Yuan.
- Russia buying Chinese goods and services in Yuan (convertible into Rubles)
And all of this with the US banker cartel completely disintermediated courtesy of the glaring absence of the USD in any of the above listed steps, or as some may call it: from the Petrodollar to the Gas-o-yuan (something 40 central banks have already figured out… just not the Fed).