Jan 31

- White House fails to get word of Iran explosion (WND, Jan 28, 2013):

WND’s exclusive report by Reza Kahlili, a former CIIA agent in Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, that a key Iranian nuclear facility was devastated by an explosion last week was confirmed by Israeli intelligence officials speaking to the Times of London.

Then Tel Aviv sources for The Australian did the same thing, and the Missing Peace organization in the United Kingdom, citing Ali Reza Nourizadah of the Centre for Arab and Iranian Studies in London, provided details.

Nourizadeh, a commentator for Deutsche Welle and the Voice of America with an extensive network of contacts in Iran, said the explosion caused relatively little damage to the uranium enrichment facility itself. But the blast has blocked the entrance to Fordow, he confirmed, and more than 200 personnel are trapped in the plan.

The White House, however, dismissed the WND story.

- Mystery over ‘explosion’ at Iran’s Fordow nuclear site (Telegraph, Jan 28, 2013):

A report published on Right-wing news website WND on Friday, quoting a defected Iranian intelligence officer, claimed that a massive blast had ripped through the nuclear facility, buried deep within the guts of a large mountain.

The alleged blast was said to have erupted at 11.30am last Monday – on the eve of the Israeli election – partially destroyed the nuclear site and trapped 240 people underground. Tehran held Israel responsible, the report said.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply