– Plutonium 238 measured in Minamisoma (Fukushima Diary, April 26, 2012):
0.038 Bq/Kg (2.47Bq/m2) of Plutonium 238 was measured in Minamisoma.
They also measured 0.047 Bq/Kg ofPlutonium 239 and 240, and 0.73 Bq/Kg of Plutonium 241.
8.5 Bq/Kg of Strontium 89, and 50 Bq/Kg of Strontium 90 was also measured.
Mr. Oyama, Minamisoma city councilor had city government measure it. He comments like these below,
- Sample was taken after decontamination.
- The sample contains soil, sand, and water other than black substance.(Water ratio is not announced.)
- Sample to consist of only black substance and water (Moisture content = 71.4%) contains 309,000 Bq/Kg of cesium and it’s 1,080,000 Bq/Kg when it’s dry. It therefore will be more than 3 times higher if it doesn’t content sand, soil or water.
- Pu238/Pu239+240 used to be 0.027 before 311. This result shows it’s 0.808.
- The analysis was done by Japan Chemical Analysis Center, which is outsourced by the government.