– Irradiated whales (Fukushima Diary, April 17, 2012):
Whales are contaminated.
From the results of the inspection on radioactivity materials in fisheries products by Fisheries Agency, they constantly measure cesium from whales .
- 15 May,2011 Minke whale 31Bq/kg
- 2 June,2011 Minke whale 24.3Bq/kg
- 25 September,2011 Minke whale 17.6Bq/kg
- 2 October,2011 Minke whale 12.5Bq/kg
- 12 October,2011 Minke whale 5.4Bq/kg
- 24 October,2011 Minke whale 21.6Bq/kg
- 10-Jul Minke whale 21.1Bq/kg
- 7-Jul Bryde’s whale (Balaenoptera brydei) 7.1Bq/kg
- 31-Jul Bryde’s whale (Balaenoptera brydei) 6.5Bq/kg