You can always trust the government!
Uh, wait a minute:
– SOS: Japan Mayo of Minami Soma City, Next To The Fukushima Nuclear Plant, Begs The Entire World To Help: ‘We Are Left To Ourselves … We Risk Dying Of Hunger.’
And months will turn into years:
– Nuclear Expert: Suicide Crews ‘Facing 100-Year Battle’ At Fukushima
(Click on image to enlarge. Must-see!)
TOKYO, April 3, Kyodo — The government expects that several months may be required before radioactive particles stop being released from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, its top spokesman said Sunday.
”If we apply methods considered to be normal, I believe that it will be something like that,” Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told a news conference, when asked whether at least several months would be required before the plant crippled by the devastating March 11 earthquake and ensuing tsunami is brought under control.
”While it may not be feasible, we have been asking for other possibilities to be explored to shorten that period,” Edano said, noting that the government and the plant’s operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co., are considering multiple approaches to halting the nuclear crisis.
Goshi Hosono, a special adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, said earlier in the day that the government has set a target of ”several months” for the release of radioactive substances from the plant to be stopped.
”What will follow that stage is the goal of stabilizing the plant by installing a perfect cooling mechanism for the reactors,” Hosono told a live Fuji TV news program.
Hosono indicated to reporters after the program that the government will set separate time frames for halting the release of radioactive materials into the atmosphere, seawater and ground.
”Although the plant has not yet emerged from its critical situation, it has recovered some stability” and it is time ”to inform the public what we are trying to do” with time frames to help ease anxiety, said Hosono, who has been serving as a major liaison between the government and the power company.
As a lengthy battle to overcome the crisis is expected, Edano said the government will enhance its assistance for people who resided in the 20-kilometer exclusion zone around the nuclear plant and those within 20 km to 30 km who have been advised to stay indoors.
Edano said the government will review whether it is necessary to change the currently designated areas once experts finish analyzing the latest data as a larger number of radiation monitoring samples have been collected in recent days.
He said authorities have examined the thyroid gland functions of around 900 infants and children living in municipalities near the plant. But he said none of them, ranging from under the age of 1 to 15 years old, showed signs of being affected by radiation.
Edano also touched on the need to launch a ”highly independent” panel to thoroughly examine the nuclear crisis at an early date once the emergency situation has been mitigated.
Source: Kyodo News
– Canada Refuses To Test Milk For Radiation
– Fukushima Xe-133 Radiation Forecast (Apr. 2-6): Northwest of US Under Threat
– California: Radioactive Iodine-131 In Rainwater 181 Times Above Drinking Water Standards, Has Also Been Detected In Multiple Milk Samples, While US Gov Has Still Not Published Any Official Data On Japan Disaster
– GREENPEACE Measures EXTREME RADIATION 35KM From Fukushima: Maximum Annual Dose In Just 4 Days!
– US RadNet Radiation Monitor System Unlikely To Detect Radiation As Close As 25 Feet Above Or Beside Them And There Are Only 125 Of Those Monitors For the Entire US!
– US Government Responds to Fukushima by Trying to Raise Radiation Limits, EPA Pulls 8 Of 18 Radiation Monitors Out Of CA, OR And WA
– Japan: Blue Flashing Light Seen Over Fukushima Plant (FOX News)
– Nuclear Expert: Suicide Crews ‘Facing 100-Year Battle’ At Fukushima
– Radioactive Iodine-131 In Rainwater Near San Francisco 18,100% Above Federal Drinking Water Standard
– Pennsylvania: Radioactive Iodine-131 In Rainwater 3300% Above Federal Drinking Water Standard
– TEPCO: Fukushima Groundwater ‘Highly’ Radiation-Contaminated, Contains Radioactive Iodine 10,000 Times Legal Limit
– FOIA Request Shows EPA Prepares To Dramatically Increase Permissible Radioactive Releases In Drinking Water, Food And Soil After ‘Radiological Incidents’
– Dangerous Levels of Radioactive Cesuim 137 Found 25 Miles From Fukushima Plant
– TEPCO’s Totally Insane Disaster Plan At Fukushima Nuclear Plant
– TEPCO Chairman Admits Battle To Safe Fukushima Plant Lost, Reactors To Be Entombed
– US Government Admits Radiation Found In Milk from Washington State
– EU Erhöht Grenzwerte Drastisch! EU Raises ‘Safe Level’ of Cesium in Japanese Food By 20 Times!
– EU Drastically Raises Radiation Limits For Food! – EU Erhöht Drastisch Die Strahlungs-Grenzwerte Für Lebensmittel!
– Dr. Michio Kaku: Three Raging Nuclear Meltdowns In Progress!
– Greenpeace Radiology Experts Find High Levels Of Radiation Beyond No-Go Zone
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown Emergency: Fukushima Beyond Point Of No Return As Radioactive Core Melts Through Containment Vessel
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: ‘Fukushima Plutonium Leak Comparable To Chernobyl Disaster’ (RT)
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Fatal Radiation Detected Outside Damaged Reactor No. 2
– What They’re Covering Up at Fukushima: ‘You Get 3,500,000 The Normal Dose. You Call That Safe? And What Media Have Reported This? None!’
– Unbelievable: TEPCO: Plutonium Found On 5 Locations Around Fukushima Plant A Week Ago (But The Deadliest Substance On The Planet ‘Poses No Human Health Risk’!)
– Japanese Government: High Radiation Due To Partial Meltdown – TEPCO Admits Crisis May Last For ‘Months Or Years’
– US, Europe: Radiation and Jetstream FORECAST UPDATE (March 27, 2011)
– Updating Japan’s Nuclear Disaster
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Tests Find Radiation Levels At 100,000 Times Normal In No. 2 Reactor, Reactor May Be Leaking Water
– Japan’s Government Asks Water Treatment Plants Not To Take In Radioactive Rainwater
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: Engineers Toil To Pump Radioactive Nuclear Plant Water Into The Ocean
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Workers Try To Pump Out Radioactive Water From Reactors – Radiation Levels Soar To 10,000 Times Above Safety Limit
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: The Four Destroyed Reactors at Fukushima Was About 70 Billion Lethal Doses, finely divided
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: This Is Like Admitting That MOX Reactor No. 3 Has Been Breached And Has Released Plutonium
–Japan Nuclear Crisis: Close-Up Aerial Video of Wrecked Reactors at Fukushima (25.03.2011)
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: High Levels of Radiation Leaking From Reactor No. 3
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: High-Radiation Leaks In Fukushima Reactors No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: Fukushima Nuclear Plant Emitted A Neutron Beam 13 Separate Times
– Fukushima Engineer Says He Helped In Cover-Up: Fukushima Reactor No. 4 Built With Flawed Steel, Has A Faulty Reactor Inside
– Dr. Chris Busby: Fukushima Now 72,000 Times Hiroshima Radiation
– Japan Government on Fukushima: ‘We Are Not Able To Measure The Amount Of Radiation Coming From The Power Plant’
– The Dying ‘Fukushima Fifty’
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Reactor 3 ‘Nightmare’ – Reactor 1 ‘Worry’: Core Now At 380 Degrees Celsius, 80 More Than NORMAL Running Temperature
– Japan Officials Say HIGH SEAWATER RADIATION LEVELS Are NO Cause For Alarm
– Japan’s Science Ministry: Radiation Now Exceeds 400 Times Normal 40 km From Fukushima
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: Radioactive Iodine Content In Sea Water At 126.7 Times Limit, Caesium At 24.8 Times Limit
– Germany Keeps Radiation Measurements Secret Since Japan Nuclear Disaster
– WHO On Japan Food Radiation: ‘It’s A Lot More Serious Than Anybody Thought’
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: Emergency Evacuation Of Workers Ordered After Reactor No. 3 Emits Black Smoke
– Director General of Finland’s Nuclear Safety Authority Warns Japan About Using Seawater To Cool Fukushima Reactors
– Japan’s Health Ministry Tells Villagers Not To Drink Radioactive Tap Water
– Japan Nuclear Crisis: Fukushima Workers Cut Off From Their Families To Prevent The Truth From Leaking Out
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Mayor Urges Evacuation After Discovering Government Ignored, Misled Him And His People About True Dangers Of Nuclear Fallout
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Partially Accurate MSM Reporting Now Reduced To Lies And Propaganda
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Total Information Blackout On Fukushima Unit 4 Reactor
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: It’s Getting Worse in Tokyo – Why The Dangers Are Stratospherically Higher Than Even US Officials Are Admitting
– Japan Finds Radioactive Food Up To 90 Miles From Fukushima Nuclear Site
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Multiple Times Worse than Chernobyl
– TEPCO Director Weeps After Finally Admitting The Truth About Fukushima Disaster: Radiation Leak Is Serious Enough To Kill People
– Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant In Japan: A Dirty Bomb Waiting To Go Off
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: US Calls Radiation Levels ‘Extremely High’ – Fuel Pool Has Burned Dry At The No. 4 Reactor, Leaving Fuel Rods Stored There Exposed And Bleeding Radiation
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: French minister: ‘Let’s not beat about the bush, they’ve essentially lost control’ – Radiation Levels Stop Military Helicopters From Dumping Water
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: Radiation Levels 6,600 Times Normal 20km Away from Fukushima Nuclear Plant
– Japan Nuclear Meltdown: It’s Much, Much Worse Than It Looks (Thanks To The Stupidity of Nuclear Engineers!) (MUST-READ!)
– Israeli Nuclear Expert Accuses Japan Of Downplaying Danger Nuclear Calamity: ‘If there is fallout of plutonium oxide, a most toxic substance that they use in the reactor that exploded, no one will be able to set foot on the site for thousands of years’