Over the last couple of weeks, I’ve been keeping you informed about a bill recently introduced by Representative Glen Bradley to nullify S. 510, the Federal War on Food. S. 510 uses a patchwork of rules and regulations on the food “industry” to throw America’s heartland under the government-subsidized corporatist bus as it crushes local and community producers of healthy food.
Bradley’s bill, H.B. 65, the North Carolina Farmer’s Freedom Protection Act, nullifies S. 510 by making it a Class 1A misdemeanor to enforce S. 510 within the borders of North Carolina. Thanks to your support in contacting your legislators, H.B. 65 has passed its first reading and now has over 20 cosponsors.
Unfortunately, H.B. 65 is now stuck in the Agriculture Committee.
You see, even though the newly elected Republican majorities in the NC House and Senate quickly passed a bill to nullify ObamaCare in North Carolina, they’re afraid of the Farmer’s Freedom Protection Act.
H.B. 2, the Patient Protection Act, says that ObamaCare is null and void in NC, gives North Carolinians standing to sue Washington, DC over it, and instructs NC Attorney General Roy Cooper to join the 26-state lawsuit against ObamaCare in federal court. It does not, however, specify that enforcement of ObamaCare in NC is a crime.
H.B. 65, the Farmer’s Freedom Protection Act, goes a step further. It says that not only is S. 510, the War on Food, null and void in NC, but that any attempt to enforce it is a Class 1A misdemeanor. This interpositional language gives it teeth that H.B. 2 simply doesn’t have. That’s what has the members of the Agriculture Committee are scared.
It seems that the new majority in the General Assembly is eager to pass symbolic bills, but they’re not quite ready to pick a real fight with Washington to protect our food freedom. You and I know that when it comes to facing down the Obama Machine, that’s just not good enough.
Please call and/or email the below listed legislators on the House Agriculture Committee to tell them to support H.B. 65, the NC Farmer’s Freedom Protection Act! Tell them to pass it out of committee with a favorable reading as soon as possible and to bring it to the floor for a roll call vote!
1. Rep. James H. Langdon, Jr. (Chair) – 919-733–5849
2. Rep. Efton M. Sager (Chair) – 919-733-5755
3. Rep. Jimmy Dixon (Vice Chair) – 919-715-3021
4. Rep. Dewey L. Hill (Vice Chair) – 919-733-5830
5. Rep. David R. Lewis (Vice Chair) – 919-715-3019
6. Rep. Kelly M. Alexander, Jr. – 919-733-5778
7. Rep. Larry M. Bell – 919-733-5863
8. Rep. Alice L. Bordsen – 919-733-5820
9. Rep. Marcus Brandon – 919-733-5825
10. Rep. William D. Brisson – 919-733-5772
11. Rep. George G. Cleveland – 919-715-6707
12. Rep. Bill Cook – 919-733-5906
13. Rep. N. Leo Daughtry – 919-733-5605
14. Rep. Phillip Frye – 919-733-5661
15. Rep. Charles Graham – 919-715-0875
16. Rep. W. David Guice – 919-715-4466
17. Rep. R. Phillip Haire – 919-715-3005
18. Rep. Bryan R. Holloway – 919-733-5609
19. Rep. D. Craig Horn – 919-733-2406
20. Rep. Dan W. Ingle – 919-733-5905
21. Rep. Bert Jones – 919-733-5779
22. Rep. Jonathan C. Jordan – 919-733-7727
23. Rep. Patsy Keever – 919-733-5746
24. Rep. Paul Luebke – 919-733-7663
25. Rep. Darrell G. McCormick 919-733-5654
26. Rep. Chuck McGrady – 919-733-5956
27. Rep. Annie W. Mobley – 919-733-5780
28. Rep. G. L. Pridgen – 919-733-5821
29. Rep. Shirley B. Randleman – 919-733-5935
30. Rep. Norman W. Sanderson – 919-733-5853
31. Rep. Timothy L. Spear – 919-715-3029
32. Rep. Joe P. Tolson – 919-715-3024
33. Rep. John A. Torbett – 919-733-5862
34. Rep. Edith D. Warren – 919-715-3023
35. Rep. Jennifer Weiss – 919-715-3010
36. Rep. Roger West – 919-733-5859
Source: Food Freedom
Codex Alimentarius is here:
In the US:
“This bill is the triumph of agri-bills”
“It is the industrialization tool for the entire US food supply”
“It brings all of Codex standards and guidelines into implementation”
“This bill means that no farmer can safe seed”
“If it does pass, you and I, our children, our loved ones will suffer and we will die”
In the EU:
More on Codex Alimentarius: