FEMA is preparing for a disaster within the next 36 months!
And the government already has the ‘FEMA coffins’:
Solicitation Number: HSFEHQ-11-R-MealsAgency: Department of Homeland Security
Office: Federal Emergency Management Agency
Location: Logistics Section
Added: Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely.
The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.
FEMA is considering the following specifications (14M meals per day):
- Serving Size – 12 ounce (entree not to exceed 480 calorie count);
- Maximum calories – 1200 and/or 1165 per meal;
- Protein parameters – 29g-37g kit;
- Trans Fat – 0;
- Saturated Fat – 13 grams (9 calories per gram);
- Total Fat – 47 grams (less than 10% calories);
- Maximum sodium – 800-930 mg;
Requested Menus to include snacks (i.e. fruit mix, candy, chocolate/peanut butter squeezers, drink mix, condiments, and utensils). All meals/kits must have 36 months of remaining shelf life upon delivery. Packaging should be environmentally friendly.
- Homestyle Chicken Noodles
- Vegetarian Pasta
- Green Pepper Steak w/Rice
- BBQ sauce w/Beef and diced
- Chicken w/Rice and Beans
- Chicken Pasta
The following questions are put forward to interested parties:
1. Please specify the type of organization responding to the questions (i.e. small business, large business, industry association, etc.) If a small business, please specify all Small Business Administration socioeconomic programs under which your organization qualifies.
2. Does your organization have a product available that meets all the specifications above?
If the answer is “Yes:” What is the country of origin?
If the answer is “No:” (a) Can your organization produce such a product? (b) What would be the product lead time? (c) What country are the manufacturing plants located in?
3. Can your organization delivery the product to a specified location within a 24 hour period
4. Please provide an implementation plan for critical delivery orders and delivery surge orders.
5. What states do you already have contracts in place with to provide these types of products?
6. Please detail the type of meals and quantities you can provide for each day following a disaster.
7. Please provide alternatives to the meal specifications that your organization can provide.
8. What type of delivery schedule would your organization recommend for the meals?
9. Does your organization have the capabilities to deliver products directly to FEMA’s CONUS Distributions Centers?
10. Can your organization track deliveries from point of origin to point of delivery?
11. What is your lead time for delivery once FEMA has placed an order?
Interested parties may also provide brochures, web links, or other literature about their cots available for the specified users. Responses to this RFI are not considered offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract.
Vendors are encouraged to ask the Government questions regarding this potential requirement. Questions must be submitted in writing to Julieann L. Phillips at email@example.com not later than 2:00PM, 26 January 2011 to be answered. Responses to questions will be provided not later than 2:00PM, 03 February 2011. Request for Information closing date is 03 February 2011.
: 500 C Street SW
Patriots Plaza — 5th Floor
Washington, District of Columbia 20472
: Julieann L. Phillips, CONTRACTING OFFICER Julieann.firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 202-646-3234 Fax: 202.646.1765
Source: Federal Business Opportunities