WASHINGTON, USA (AFP) – The Supreme Court lifted Monday a four-year ban on the sale in the United States of genetically modified alfalfa, which farmers fear contaminates others crops.
A district court judge in California in May 2007 blocked the US biotech giant Monsanto from selling alfalfa seeds that it had genetically modified to resist its Roundup weed killer.
The ruling was upheld on appeal in 2009, but Monsanto went to the Supreme Court arguing that any decision should have awaited the findings of a study by the Department of Agriculture’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
“Until APHIS seeks to effect a partial deregulation, any judicial review of such a decision is premature,” the Supreme Court said.
Mon Jun 21, 11:01 am ET
GM food alters your DNA, changes your brain waves, destroys your immune system, your organs and makes you infertile.
- UK Academics Quit Rigged FSA Frankenfood Propaganda
- Study: Monsanto’s Roundup Kills Human Cells (Flashback)
- GMO Alert: US Attempting Global Censorship of GMO Food Labeling
- California Files Legal Brief Opposing Monsanto in US Supreme Court
- Russian Scientists Prove Genetically Modified Foods are Harmful, Suggest Ban on GM Foods
- Bayer AG admits GMO contamination out of control
- Monsanto: GM-Corn Harvest of 82,000 Hectares in South Africa Fails (!)
- Multiple Ways Monsanto is Putting Normal Seeds Out of Reach
- Monsanto’s Genetically Modified Seed Patents May Trump Antitrust Claims
- Former Managing Director of Monsanto India: Monsanto ‘Faked’ Data for Approvals
- Monsanto GM Corn Causing Organ Failure In Rats: Study (Everything You Need To Know)
- Scientist: Monsanto’s herbicide could cause brain, intestinal and heart defects in foetuses
- Hawaii: GMO taro ban proposal goes to full council
- Monsanto to Charge as Much as 42 % More for New Seeds!
- US Association of Physicians calls for Moratorium on GMO Foods
- Monsanto sues Germany over GM corn ban
- Germany bans Monsanto’s GM maize
- Greenpeace: No need for condoms – GE corn can do the job
- Austrian Government Study Confirms Genetically Modified (GM) Crops Threaten Human Fertility and Health Safety
- BIODIVERSITY: Privatisation Making Seeds Themselves Infertile
- At stake is no less than control of the world’s food supply.
- Exposed: the great GM crops myth:
“Genetic modification actually cuts the productivity of crops, an authoritative new study shows, undermining repeated claims that a switch to the controversial technology is needed to solve the growing world food crisis.”
Highly recommended videos:
- Life running out of control – Genetically Modified Organisms (!)
- The World According to Monsanto – A documentary that Americans won’t ever see. (!)
Obama and Monsanto:
- Obama Gives Key Agriculture Post to Lobbyist of CropLife America Whose Members Include Monsanto, Syngenta, DuPont and Dow Chemical
- Obama Gives ‘Pesticide Lobbyist’ Post as Chief Agricultural Negotiator
- Monsanto lobbyists to be placed in charge of food safety by Obama
On CODEX and the agenda of the elite:
- Dr. Rima E. Laibow: The Globalist Depopulation Agenda
- Dr. Rima E. Laibow on Codex Alimentarius and Food Nazification (!)
- Dr. Rima E. Laibow on the Contamination of the Food Supply & Deadly Antibiotics
- Codex Alimentarius: Population Control Under the Guise of Consumer Protection
- One Nation Under Siege – Full Theatrical Release
- Nutricide – Criminalizing Natural Health, Vitamins, and Herbs
Tags: Agriculture, Alfalfa, Environment, Farmers, Global News, GMO, Monsanto, Pesticides, Roundup, Roundup Ready, Supreme Court